BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Preparing to finally have my local moto shop extend and install my Wunderlich Centerstand. For the life of me I cannot find the correct extension length documented online.
I plan to base the required extension length to match what is required for the Wilbers 70mm+ kit. Can any Wilbers owners verify the extension piece (shown below) that came with the kit is a 55mm extension?

·
Registered
285 Posts
If the suspension is +70mm, wouldn't the extension be longer than that?

Just using basic math and the concept of a right angle triangle with the three points being the X axis along the ground from the contact point of the stand back towards the bike and the Y axis from the top of the stand down to the ground. The hypotenuse would be the top of the stand where it attaches to the frame to the bottom of the stand where it touches the ground.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have the Wilbers +70 installed and — based on the welding marks on my kickstand — I believe it is indeed 55mm. I was planning on installing a center stand too and contacted I Wilbers to purchase 2 of these extensions, but they told me that they don’t sell them separate from the kit. Where are you getting yours?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the Wilbers +70 installed and — based on the welding marks on my kickstand — I believe it is indeed 55mm. I was planning on installing a center stand too and contacted I Wilbers to purchase 2 of these extensions, but they told me that they don’t sell them separate from the kit. Where are you getting yours?
My Moto shop will be fabricating them for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts