BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I just put an order in for a TFX +45mm shock and some custom Traxxion Dynamics fork internals that should raise the bike. But now I have the sidestand issue. I'm wondering if there's an easier way to do this than (1) buying the Wunderlich exteded side stand or (2) cutting and welding in some tube to the existing sidestand. Anybody tried using an F800GS side stand, or does anyone know if BMW sidestands are "backwards compatible" from bike to bike?

·
Registered
Racer
8 Posts
Hello everybody,
No answer to this thread but maybe someone has tried longer sidestand with raised suspensions ? I put +30mm to my Racer and it leans a lot on the sidestand. Maybe a scrambler sidestand ? Any idea of what would fit ?
Thanks !

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Hello everybody,
No answer to this thread but maybe someone has tried longer sidestand with raised suspensions ? I put +30mm to my Racer and it leans a lot on the sidestand. Maybe a scrambler sidestand ? Any idea of what would fit ?
Thanks !
I have fitted a sidestand from a 2016 G/S to mine. That said, my lift is in the region of 40 - 50mm. Some folk bolt a hockey puck to the foot. A standard Scrambler or UGS may give you what you need. I have an UGS spare, but the Brexit tax may make it costly to ship to you...

·
Registered
Racer
8 Posts
Thanks a lot Mpwade12 for your answer. If easy and plug and play I prefer a longer stand rather than things under the stand. Could you tell me the length of your UGS stand ? The racer is 805 high, the UGS much higher. If it is ok I may be interested. Thanks !

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Stand from my UGS is 300mm from hole centre to foot plate. It does have a bend in the length of it from the factory though

It is easy to remove also. I removed the bolt from the stand and Unclipped the sensor, I then wiggled the stand loose and this took the tension off the springs and allowed me to remove the whole thing. Reverse process to refit.

·
Registered
2017 Prambler
473 Posts
After I put Scrambler wheels on my Pure, the front of the bike was raised by 1 inch, making it lean too far when resting on the stock side stand. I went with a Wunderlich Side Stand Enlarger, part #32421202 and fitted a 1/4" delrin plate to the bottom of the Side Stand Enlarger so the bike wouldn't lean as far on the side stand.

I was looking at putting a longer side stand on the bike, but noticed when the stand is in the up position (when riding) the end is very close to the flapper valve assembly on the exhaust.

Best,
-Tim

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Guys
I’m in the same boat. I need to add 90mm to mine I’ve started to draw it up to have it machined out of Billet I’ve been toying with idea of making it two piece so guys that have changed suspension can adjust it from the standard height of the GS or scrambler +90mm and have it so it’s adjustable in 10mm increments. Was also going to increase the foot of the stand so it doesn’t sink on soft ground. If anyone is keen let me know.

Regards

Trent

1 - 15 of 15 Posts