BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2021 BMW R NineT Scrambler
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So WAY back in March, a friend said to me, "Gogo, let go on a little ride"... what he actually meant was pack it up buddy we're going to Moab.

Well it was an epic ride, and with an epic ride comes gigabytes of pictures, video, drone shots, etc. and I am just getting around to sorting through it. I hope to be processing more but here is part of that ride.

The Smokey Mountain Trail Ride

Kind regards,
~Bean

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
1,199 Posts
Bean here - drone that.
Very cool, Sir! That area is still on my list, but probably with, like KTM 690-890s or so.

You also have an Oscar nomination!😉

·
Registered
2019 Scrambler Option 719, 2013 K1600GTL,
169 Posts
And that's why I bought a Scrambler. Your video is very motivational. Really well done. Loove the intro and exit screens.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whilst I was putting together that video I found all sorts and sort of pictures that reminded me of how great that ride was. I am working on some of the other parts of that ride but I will post a couple of stills in the meantime. I figure for all you good folks that are becoming winter bound it will be nice to see a little something from the warm part of the year.

Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Vehicle

Tire Sky Cloud Wheel Plant community
Tire Wheel Motorcycle Automotive tire Vehicle
Plant Sky Plant community Natural landscape Mountain

Enjoy and happy holidays,
~Bean

·
Registered
2022 Scrambler, HD Rocker FXCWC;
991 Posts
Awesome vid (and music...). Have you considered standing on the pegs? On those roads you may find you feel better in control with the bike slipping and sliding between your legs...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awesome vid (and music...). Have you considered standing on the pegs? On those roads you may find you feel better in control with the bike slipping and sliding between your legs...
Hey Chop...

Yes, I do stand, just not for 75 miles of really rough riding. On Bean, I have a set of Unit Garage riser/pullback handlebar extensions that work wonderfully. However, standing is still a bit of a squat which gets old after a while. When using the drone I have a lot going on keeping control of my recording devices. A beacon is strapped to my arm, the phone is stuck to my handles bars, and my GoPro is somewhere in the middle.

Another factor that you don't see in the Smokey Mountain video is that with gear stacked to the moon standing makes it very difficult to maintain balance and steer through my feet like I do when I am full-on standing. So all the above and the fact I not going my usual 90 miles per hour, more like 30 to 50 on stretches without too much washboard.

Kind regards,
~Bean

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay, I am slowwwwwly getting it together with my library of pictures and Bean stuff. Here is a video that I just finished from the Moab with Matt series. This is the Burr trail. Enjoy...

Kind regards,
~Bean

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for sharing - great! Enjoyed the scenery while I don't have to look at the road.
btw: are those trails already been used by the early pioneers?
Hello UGS Tom,

To answer your question, yes, the Burr trail was from John Atlantic Burr born in 1846, during his family’s journey from New York to San Francisco. The Burr family eventually moved south in 1876 and founded the town of Burrville, Utah.

The Smoky Mountain Road Utah runs 78 miles from Hwy12 just west of Escalante to Big Water on US-89, skirting Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument and Lake Powell. It gets its name from smoke that can still be seen escaping from the underground coal fire which has been burning for over a century.

I guess I should mention things like that. Next time...;)

Kind regards,
~Bean

·
Registered
95 Posts
So WAY back in March, a friend said to me, "Gogo, let go on a little ride"... what he actually meant was pack it up buddy we're going to Moab.

Well it was an epic ride, and with an epic ride comes gigabytes of pictures, video, drone shots, etc. and I am just getting around to sorting through it. I hope to be processing more but here is part of that ride.

The Smokey Mountain Trail Ride

Kind regards,
~Bean
Very 😎 Bean

1 - 13 of 13 Posts