BMW NineT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
BMW just released a video thats more of a long advertisement than anything. Read BMW's video description from Youtube:

he BMW R nineT, which has been created to mark "90 years of BMW Motorrad", radiates purism and power in undisguised form. Enter the world of pure custom boxer riding on the new BMW R nineT.
I started a thread about the NineT not being a cafe, BMW is certainly trying to equate the two. In the Video you will see two cafes take off before you see the three NineTs ready to jet... BMW doesn't have to say the NineT is a cafe when they go around making visual insinuations like that. The bike is fantastically cool I just despise the way BMW tries to sell their things.

This comment from the Youtube link sums up my concerns about the NineT perfect:

Another example of cashing in on the latest trend. A 'custom' bike that will sell with 12,000 aftermarket bits and pieces for the hipster. There's more soul to a cheap bike that you build or modify yourself than this,

· Registered
423 Posts
Cherry, 'cafe' means different things to different folks. It depends where in the world you are. Take it from someone who knows, a 40 year old bike is still a 40 year old bike however well it's built and however cool it looks. I've many classic bikes and comparing them to modern ones is like comparing apples with pears. I love my old bikes but if I want a smooth, trouble free run I'll be taking my NineT when it arrives!

Paul

· Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cherry, 'cafe' means different things to different folks. It depends where in the world you are. Take it from someone who knows, a 40 year old bike is still a 40 year old bike however well it's built and however cool it looks. I've many classic bikes and comparing them to modern ones is like comparing apples with pears. I love my old bikes but if I want a smooth, trouble free run I'll be taking my NineT when it arrives!

Paul
Paul I'm in complete agreement, I have no issue with the NineT as a bike. My issue is the way BMW is trying to brand it and equating it with what it is not. Thats all..

· Registered
527 Posts
No one does a better job of marketing a new motorcycle than BMW. Once again they have stirred a great deal of interest in this bike long before it will be available for purchase. Kudos to BMW and their ability to continue their record sales across the globe during the time of the poor economy when other manufacturers are doing much worse

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.