BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I would be extremely grateful for any advice prior to purchasing either an SP Connect or a Quad Lock.

I am hoping to use an iPhone XR with an anti-vibro mount and charger as a satnav using the app OSMandMaps. Ideally I would like to mount the phone above the handlebar clamp as shown in the picture below.

Has anyone already done this? Does the mounting bracket have sufficient height to sit clear above the bar-clamp?

Has anyone got a similar set-up that they could post a photo of?

Any other thoughts about these?

Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2017 BMW RnineT Racer
37 Posts
Installed the Quadlock after using a RAM mount (which damaged my camera on my I-phone).
Also use a vibration mount with the Quadlock.
Really like this device: far superior to the RAM mounts. IMG_0019.JPG IMG_0020.JPG IMG_0021.JPG

·
Premium Member
R Nine T Scrambler 2021
49 Posts
I installed a Quadlock on my bike with the vibration dampener and wireless charging and really love it. The wireless charger option is to me key, and you can really use the GPS on the phone without worrying about cables or running low on battery. The Quadlock site is also awesome to let you configure the kit.

The only real negative side is that you need the Quadlock case to make it work, so I end up swapping the case on days I'm not riding (and every evening). The case it a bit bulky if you don't regularly use cases or like thin cases, it's almost like one of those cases with built-in batteries. Another negative on the case is that whilst is built to work with their wireless charger on bike, if you have vanilla wireless stands at home, the case is too thick, and you have to take it off. In summary, this is great as long as taking the case off daily isn't an issue for you.

I'll take a picture of my setup later and share if you'd like.

·
Registered
R1200 NineT Urban GS
359 Posts
I installed the SP connect stuff and the phone stood firmly in the position you want it. Very good hardware, available with an anti-vibration mount as well. I decided to remove it because I went for a GPS and preferred to keep my phone in a pocket also for safety reasons (imagine you fall, bike and phone on one side.... you in need of assistance on the other...)

Reactions: Gabe Logan

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I installed a Quadlock on my bike with the vibration dampener and wireless charging and really love it. The wireless charger option is to me key, and you can really use the GPS on the phone without worrying about cables or running low on battery. The Quadlock site is also awesome to let you configure the kit.

The only real negative side is that you need the Quadlock case to make it work, so I end up swapping the case on days I'm not riding (and every evening). The case it a bit bulky if you don't regularly use cases or like thin cases, it's almost like one of those cases with built-in batteries. Another negative on the case is that whilst is built to work with their wireless charger on bike, if you have vanilla wireless stands at home, the case is too thick, and you have to take it off. In summary, this is great as long as taking the case off daily isn't an issue for you.

I'll take a picture of my setup later and share if you'd like.
That’s absolutely brilliant - many thanks. Photos would be brilliant.

·
Premium Member
R Nine T Scrambler 2021
49 Posts
Many thanks joseeight 👍🏻
Thats exactly what I’m looking for 😎
No worries, when you add the wireless charger, the blue lever comes off, I didn’t know and bought a black one to replace it, just so you know you don’t need that piece. Highly recommend the dampener.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I use an SP-Connect pro mount and both its wireless module and its anti vibes module.

They're great ! I could post pictures later on should they be useful, but it's a rather discreet solution.

What may lead you towards QuadLock however is that their charging solution allows quick (dual coil) charging whereas Sp Connect's does not.

·
Registered
R Nine T, 2019
6 Posts
Quad Lock is great, it just doesn't center.
I don't use any antivibration solution with my Samsung Note 9, it works just fine, but I saw many damaged iPhones. (iPhones are apparently more sensitive towards vibrations)
Cheers!
Ivan

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
I use the Quad-Lock on all of my bikes and in my cars, as well. pretty hand to be able to grab it off my bars and pop it up on the windshield when i switch over.

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
454 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts