BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
13,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any info on where the starter relay (not the solenoid) is on a 2014 R nineT? The Haynes manual seems to indicate it's somewhere under the tank, but no details on exactly where and the photo isn't brilliant (perhaps next to the ECU?).

Also would be great if anyone has a part number, REAL OEM hasn't really got a definitive answer as far as I can see. The relay shown isn't listed as a starter relay.

Can't locate my service DVD to see if it is shown there. That'll teach me to clean up the house! 🤣

·
Registered
2014 R Nine T
7 Posts
Does anyone have any info on where the starter relay (not the solenoid) is on a 2014 R nineT? The Haynes manual seems to indicate it's somewhere under the tank, but no details on exactly where and the photo isn't brilliant (perhaps next to the ECU?).

Also would be great if anyone has a part number, REAL OEM hasn't really got a definitive answer as far as I can see. The relay shown isn't listed as a starter relay.

Can't locate my service DVD to see if it is shown there. That'll teach me to clean up the house! 🤣
It seems to be underneath the tank alright.

Watch Automotive tire Font Rim Circle

·
Administrator
13,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the assist! :) That looks like its to the rear of the alternator on the left of the bike as you sit on it? BMW certainly pick awkward places for some parts!

·
Premium Member
2016 RNineT Classic
1,000 Posts
“Liked” just to be the 6000th @BaldyDave “like” here😉 Congrats, Dave!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts