BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have the Akrapovic HP end can on my Pure, however I would like to try the Pro Race GP slash cut which on looks is essentially like not having an end can at all as it is short and hollow. I've read that they are loud but on videos they don't sound crazy loud, I know it is hard to judge when not in real life though. Before purchasing could I remove my Akrapovic end can then start the bike up to see how loud it will be or could this damage the bike? This would then be the loudest it would be with the Pro Race GP slash so I'd be able to make a decision on the purchase. Thank you

·
Super Moderator
2014 BMW R NineT (Classic)
10,601 Posts
All I can say is I did it for a few miles just for the fun of it and my bike didn't blow up!

Anyhow to be a bit more serious there's been a few folk on the forum over the years that have run all sorts of "extreme" exhausts on the bike and I haven't heard of one go pop yet.

Still your decision to do it, I'm just a forum member with average at best mechanical skills. :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All I can say is I did it for a few miles just for the fun of it and my bike didn't blow up!

Anyhow to be a bit more serious there's been a few folk on the forum over the years that have run all sorts of "extreme" exhausts on the bike and I haven't heard of one go pop yet.

Still your decision to do it, I'm just a forum member with average at best mechanical skills. :)
Thank you mate, I didn’t think it would harm it for a bit. I won’t ride it just start it up so am sure all will be fine. Cheers

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just ordered the Pro Race GP-S1, I cant imagine any trouble with being without a muffler for a bit. Looking forward to the new sound, moreover, new look. Love being able to see the full wheel .!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just ordered the Pro Race GP-S1, I cant imagine any trouble with being without a muffler for a bit. Looking forward to the new sound, moreover, new look. Love being able to see the full wheel .!
Nice, I might order one too then sell the Akrapovic to fund some more parts!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I’ll likely sell mine too. Not sexy enough to be a wall hanging, especially if I could recoup a few bucks. What do we think the OEM is worth?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hello, I have the Akrapovic HP end can on my Pure, however I would like to try the Pro Race GP slash cut which on looks is essentially like not having an end can at all as it is short and hollow. I've read that they are loud but on videos they don't sound crazy loud, I know it is hard to judge when not in real life though. Before purchasing could I remove my Akrapovic end can then start the bike up to see how loud it will be or could this damage the bike? This would then be the loudest it would be with the Pro Race GP slash so I'd be able to make a decision on the purchase. Thank you
Dave is correct, the tuning will be a bit off so it won’t run as well but nothing serious will occur when used for a short period of time. I drove my 9T for over an hour with the stock mufflers completely off the bike with no harm .... except my ears. No worries.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’ll likely sell mine too. Not sexy enough to be a wall hanging, especially if I could recoup a few bucks. What do we think the OEM is worth?
Mine isn’t the stock version it’s the upgrade one and I’ve had someone offer me £500 before

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dave is correct, the tuning will be a bit off so it won’t run as well but nothing serious will occur when used for a short period of time. I drove my 9T for over an hour with the stock mufflers completely off the bike with no harm .... except my ears. No worries.
Thanks, the GP exhaust is only about 8” long with no baffles or anything so was worried that it could harm the bike as would be almost like not having one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts