BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Plug and play, the horn came with two different fitment caps which fit onto the terminals on the horn body. One cap had spade connectors, the other pin and it was the latter that fitted directly into the block connector on the OEM loom. The nut that fits the Fiamm horn is smaller than the stock item but that’s about it. I think it’s a 6mm ID, 10mm spanner fitment
Thanks for the info. These are a little harder to find in the states, at least the Italian made ones.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Man, you lost me. You are at another level of skills. Good for you. My only concern with such a loud horn is if it would be taken as road rage by others, and hence increasing a different risk. Of others doing something stupid out of behing hot headed. I saw some leave the stock on and seens to be the only one it works in a dash beep. Safe riding.

Chose a single note AM80S FIAMM which cost a whopping £12 and came with two fitments, pin and spade, the former fitted straight to the original loom connector. The horn fitted onto the original bracket with a little persuasion and I just had to change the nut to fit the FIAMM threaded bolt. (6mm I think) A bit fiddly because it’s tight in there (I raised the petrol tank to give better access) but well worth it for a much louder sound. Will post a video of anyone is interested to hear.
@Zanderk 's solution was cheap and easy to install, just loud enough to be effective but not overly LOUD. Works perfect for me.

·
Registered
154 Posts
One small advice from my personal experience, be very careful now about water getting into the horn. If yours is like mine the "ear" of the horn is now angled slightly upwards, and water collects there after a wet ride or washing the bike. If water is sitting in there the sound is affected and it will trash the horn very quickly.
mine is also mounted like Zanderk's but i drilled a small hole at the bottom of the spiral so water drains properly if any gets in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts