BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
481 Posts
I'm practically blushing when using the horn – it sounds like I stole it from a kid's bicycle or go-cart. So I got one of the BMW X3 horns. But how do I get this
Wood Gas Household hardware Auto part Hardwood

into this?
Sky Vehicle Ecoregion Tire Motor vehicle

I'm baffled on how to get the stock horn out and this X3 horn dropped it?

Do I have to take the tank off? Zanderk referred to raising the front of the tank – what steps do I follow to do that? (Searched the site, couldn't find results).

Sorry if I sound dense and/or inept, but a lot of things that had been comparatively easy on my 1150R (replace starter, exchange horn etc.) seem to be more involved; seems mostly due to much tighter packaging.

TIA!

· Premium Member
481 Posts
And here I consider myself such a good researcher :LOL: – Right. Why on earth I didn't find these threads is beyond me. Perhaps I wrote the search query wrong, e.g. using the German word "tank"instead of the English "tank"?

(Being goofy, but they are the same – no misspelling here).

In any case, many thanks, Captain!!

· Premium Member
481 Posts
@Bobber101 and @BaldyDave – thank you both so much.

I'll check the scope of a swap via raising the tank, otherwise I'll follow your suggestion and mount the second horn in a different location. On my 1150R I had added one to the OEM, but that bike had enough space to mount them on one bracket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts