BMW NineT Forum banner

261 - 276 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Blitz,
Please stop judging me for not living and talking the way you do. You don’t know who I am or whether I’m living life well. And it certainly isn’t your place to decide.

Years ago I had to sell my bikes. Was I happy? No. Am I attached to things? As much as anyone. But when I had a choice between providing for my family and caring for a very medically complicated child, or keeping my toys, there was no question about what actually matters. And it certainly isn’t a goddamn motorcycle however much I enjoy them or am attached to them. And that has 🤬 all to do with what they do or don’t mean to anyone else.

He’s selling a machine he’s put a lot of time and energy into. We can be sure it’s not what he’d like to be doing. But, in the end it’s only a motorcycle and there are other things in life that are, for most of us, more important.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Did you have any interest in this sale?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Did you come up with the weight variation yet, nervous? Many here would be interested!

Reactions: nervous

·
Registered
620 Posts
Looking forward to that!. May I assume that '#' = pounds?

Reactions: nervous

·
Registered
907 Posts
Blitz,
Please stop judging me for not living and talking the way you do. You don’t know who I am or whether I’m living life well. And it certainly isn’t your place to decide.

Years ago I had to sell my bikes. Was I happy? No. Am I attached to things? As much as anyone. But when I had a choice between providing for my family and caring for a very medically complicated child, or keeping my toys, there was no question about what actually matters. And it certainly isn’t a goddamn motorcycle however much I enjoy them or am attached to them. And that has 🤬 all to do with what they do or don’t mean to anyone else.

He’s selling a machine he’s put a lot of time and energy into. We can be sure it’s not what he’d like to be doing. But, in the end it’s only a motorcycle and there are other things in life that are, for most of us, more important.
No judgement here Gris, Just seems like you’re a bit overwhelmed. That’s an observation not a judgement. I hope things get better for you mate, and I’ll leave it at that. I can’t physically be there to help you as a friend would ..and it seems I can’t encourage you to help yourself either ... Life is like a card game, you sit at the table and play the cards your dealt. Sometimes you win sometimes you don’t ..... but at least you’re in the game Gris. Look for the silver lining, it’s in there.
So I’ll just butt out now wishing you the best ...............Blitz ✌😎

·
Registered
247 Posts
Very interesting specs! I am convinced it will move as soon as life returns to normal.
I for one plan some interesting acquisitions, but I am keeping my powder dry for great specials when business will restart the cash-flow machine!

·
Registered
620 Posts
I would like to buy, or swap a set of the 17inch 5 spoke alloy cast wheels.
I have a perfect unmarked set of Ninet spoked wheels, also I have a r1200 front and 6inch k1300 rear wheel ( actually have 2 rear wheels you can have them both)
Located Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Hi Alby. Fellow Brisbaner here, also been seeking the cast wheels for my R9T for some time, without success. R1200R alloys seem to be suited, judging by all reports. Please let me know if you have any success with your search.

LW - Redland Bay

·
Registered
620 Posts
The strictness of commenting on ads is somewhat counterproductive. We’re here for community, no?

Drunk with power are some people. Or too much time on their hands. I have rarely, if ever, seen such intrusive activity on the R1200 R Forum (owned by the same company).

·
Registered
290 Posts
Drunk with power are some people. Or too much time on their hands. I have rarely, if ever, seen such intrusive activity on the R1200 R Forum (owned by the same company).
It is too often a thankless job. I very much doubt anyone is "drunk with power". They just have a different idea of how this place should function and flow. On a big forum, such strictness can make sense. Here? With so few active members? I'd let it all slide in the spirit of conversation and community. But, again, it's often a thankless job and I very much appreciate their efforts.

Way back when, the IBMWR mailing list...now THAT was strictly run. The mod emails were best read with a cartoonish WW2 era german accent.

·
Registered
620 Posts
It is too often a thankless job.
Nobody is compelling them to do it. And maybe one or more have outstayed their welcome, been there maybe too long. Time for some new blood...??? Again, I see no such behaviour elsewhere, with roughly similar membership demographics I'd imagine, similar bike/ brand interest. Why is it so?

Reactions: 318

·
Registered
290 Posts
Having been on the other side of things, I will definitely assume good intent. Some people are just a bit more fastidious and think threads should have a certain purity.

Considering how little content around here is personal, I would definitely vote for a more fluid approach. I’d rather see more community, to know more about my fellow riders, even if we sacrifice a little technical clarity here and there.

·
Registered
52 Posts
That LED head unit monstrosity from the 1980's tho.....surely there's a more elegant solution than mounting ugly hardware to a current model machine (that already have a lack of real estate up front). I'm a stickler for aesthetics so there's no way I'd want something that looks like that visible on my bike.

261 - 276 of 276 Posts