BMW NineT Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good run out today, ended up with 0 Pre load and 2 turns on Rebound.

On a ripply road the back end is like a jack hammer following every bump and ripple. Not had a bike like this before, we tried various settings and it really didn't make much difference.

I hit a pothole which almost had me out of the seat and my mate hit same pothole on his Triumph Sprint (New YSS shock) and he just felt the bump never even left his seat.

The spring is way too stiff for this bike.
Iv just bought an r9t and that is exactly my expirience Im at 2 turns in of preload on the rear shock no static sag though so figuring spring rate is wrong for my weight but doing a accurate measure tomorrow !

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought an M2 shock from the shock factory...I now have static sag and a much better ride and all the adjustment I may need to fine tune plus 5mm height built for me at £450.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
0 Pre load and 2 turns on Rebound.

The spring is way too stiff for this bike.
I found 0 preload and 1 and 7/8th's out on the damping screw out was the best settiing for me.......but even that was only just about acceptable.

Ended up going Ohlins......but I would wager any brand of aftermarket shock would be a vast improvement on the oversprung stock Sachs item.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts