BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started the next phase of
mods to my UGS. I already raised the bike with the Wilbers kit and I could not be happier, on and off road. I’ve just ordered all the parts to change the bike as shown in this Photoshop hack below. Thursday the work begins!

·
Registered
393 Posts
I don’t think that’s a photoshop it looks very similar to the Unit Garage demo bike. It’s amazing how the ‘same bike’ can be a cafe racer and desert racer as well with just bolt on accessories

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don’t think that’s a photoshop it looks very similar to the Unit Garage demo bike. It’s amazing how the ‘same bike’ can be a cafe racer and desert racer as well with just bolt on accessories
It is exactly the Unit Garage demo bike. I used that picture as a base and photoshop over the wunderlich components I either want or already have: rear fender, short seat, fairing extension and mini rack. If you look closely, you’ll notice that the fork is Ohlins, while my bike has the Wilbers +70 mm extension kit. Also the exhaust is Photoshop. The unit g. bike has a high exhaust. Regardless, your observation about the versatile nature of the R9T is very true. I am convinced that BMW built this bike with that philosophical approach, probably stealing part of Harley Davidson playbook.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Love the original color wunderlich solo seat but the cost is prohibitive IMO.
I don't disagree, it felt like a bit of a rip-off. I did ton of research, including working with a local artisan who makes custom seats and in the end the Wunderlich option was pretty much in line with everything else. Let's put it this way: I am 56 and I've been bald since I was 25, so for the past 31 years I have not spent a penny at the barber shop. At $30 a haircut, say 8 times a year, (30x8x31), I have saved $7,440. I've spent less than half in this upgrade, so I don't feel so horrible, after all. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts