BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looks great! I would consider ditching the subframe and throwing on some of the BMW OE knee pads, which would add tonal contrast to the tank and better integrate it to the rest of the bike.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great looking bike.
Thank you!

Looks great! I would consider ditching the subframe and throwing on some of the BMW OE knee pads, which would add tonal contrast to the tank and better integrate it to the rest of the bike.
Yes, I'll almost certainly do both of those... just need to get hold of the subframe delete kit thingy.

I have seen a similar BMW color on the k1200 bike.
I don't think this is a BMW paint job (although I could be wrong)... my understanding is that the previous owner went to a custom paint shop.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I keep opening this thread and looking at it! What kind of paint is that? Looks like a polished metal surface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I keep opening this thread and looking at it! What kind of paint is that? Looks like a polished metal surface.

All I can tell you is that it’s highly metallic. The centre strip of the tank and the fender have a kind of glitter in the paint, but the main tank area and sides don’t and are a little darker in colour.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
really nice bike... great color... I have gone all black on mine and would ditch the rear pegs/sub-frame but now my daughters want to ride from time to time with me: priceless... so will keep it on for now

·
Super Moderator
10,487 Posts
Great colour! If I didn’t like the stock black paint on my bike, that’s the colour I’d have. Lovely! :)

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Great colour! If I didn’t like the stock black paint on my bike, that’s the colour I’d have. Lovely! :)
Thanks Dave - glad you like it :)

Had an interesting day yesterday - nipped over to the Bike Shed quite early in the day, and then rode across town to the Ace Cafe. Heavy traffic but the 9T handled it well with lots of filtering and some rapid nipping in and out of, and around the endless lines of cars. I did feel it a bit by the time i got home, although some of that will just be the inevitable tension of a first central London ride on a new bike.

Another quick phone shot from the end of the day...

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, who knew? Thanks to a bit of sleuthing by @Ian_H it turns out that my baby isn't totally unique after all. The colour is BMW's own Burnt Orange/Burnt Orange Flake and there are others (well, at least one) out there!

Anyway, some advice please - I have a scrambler seat in addition to the stock black, and I'd like to get it reupholstered in black and orange I(possibly with a hump installed). Any good experiences with companies that do such work here in the UK?

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Quick consolidated update as there have been some changes (with some more to come)...

MachineArt X-Head engine protectors...

Wunderlich tank pads (I'm not 100% sure about the centre pad but I couldn't find anything better and the knee pads look great)...

Puig bar end mirrors (the lane splitters were just too small)...

Evotech oil cooler guard...

And Remus flapper delete...

I also have a Unit Garage slip-on due to arrive this week and some nice orange Strada 7 shorty levers on the way. Oh, and I'm about to drop a Scrambler seat off for reupholstering - it'll be black with orange piping and stitching when it's done. I also want to fit a Monza fuel cap but haven't decided which one to go for as yet.

I'll update the thread with photos as and when they're fitted :)

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Had some lovely riding over the past couple of days, and shot these two photos on my phone earlier this afternoon. I do have two changes coming over the next week - a Unit Garage slip on silencer and a newly-upholstered Scrambler seat in black and orange. it does look nice even now, though :)

As an aside, does anyone know how to add new/additional photos to a Showcase?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts