BMW NineT Forum banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
That is great. Was that a repaint (I assume)? It looks like a great job and opens up a ton of possibilities.

·
Registered
660 Posts
It’s beautiful Tony and done with care and love. I like all you’ve done it’s “Fly”. If she’s (I assume it’s a she) is called “Tangerine Dream” ..for short do you refer to her as “Tangie” ? I ask because that’s always been the first thing I do with a new vehicle of any kind is give her a name (all mine are girls) including my 9T “Blitz” .... wasn’t “Tangerine Dream” a great electronica music hit in the Tom Cruz debut movie Risky Business..... appropriate call...as riding these days in traffic is indeed a Risky Business ..! Be careful my friend and StayUpOn2 ..Learningtofly. If you twist her wrist she will fly.... no doubt !

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
It’s beautiful Tony and done with care and love. I like all you’ve done it’s “Fly”. If she’s (I assume it’s a she) is called “Tangerine Dream” ..for short do you refer to her as “Tangie” ? I ask because that’s always been the first thing I do with a new vehicle of any kind is give her a name (all mine are girls) including my 9T “Blitz” .... wasn’t “Tangerine Dream” a great electronica music hit in the Tom Cruz debut movie Risky Business..... appropriate call...as riding these days in traffic is indeed a Risky Business ..! Be careful my friend and StayUpOn2 ..Learningtofly. If you twist her wrist she will fly.... no doubt !
Haha... thanks, Blitz! Tangerine Dream was a band from my youth. Appropriately, German :)

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #50 (Edited)
Well, having concluded that the sound from the UG exhaust without the baffle fitted is simply too loud/coarse I popped the can off over the weekend and installed said baffle. My god, what a difference. It still sounds loud enough (which is important for me as I filter a lot in London traffic), but it's so much smoother. Not only that, but the torque seems to be noticeably improved... all in all a better ride.

One other thing I've noticed is lightly less crackling and popping on the overrun, but it's still there and, in any event, it's a small price to pay.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Why are you normally averse?
Must be my poetic side. Gettit? A verse? Hah!

Ahem. Sorry.

I happen to think most mudguards are useful things, and I also like a bit of visual punctuation to the end of a motorcycle. Tail tidy conversions seem to miss an important design aesthetic. I also think miniscule turn signals/brake lights look silly. Just my opinion.

Your setup, however, conveys a very nice sense of visual intertia. The contrasting black lower half with the beautiful tangerine tank and front fender with contrasting silver insert (I think it would look better without the tank pad but that is just me) and slightly bulbous seat cowl create a nicely dynamic blend of shape and color.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Goodbye, subframe....

hello milled oil filler cap!

Please excuse the dirty bike, but it's being serviced tomorrow so they can clean it! Looks like I have some post-winter work to do in the garden, too :rolleyes:
That indeed is a dream machine Tony. Take that photo and photo shop it with the rear fender and the tail tidy changed to that beautiful orange and see if you don’t think it looks good. She’s a beautiful Red Head (Tangerine)... it’s like an expensive dress shirt, seems like the “cuffs and the collar” should match. Don’t get me wrong she looks awesome, just wonder how that small change might look. You’ve done an amazing job, I’m sold on the rear fender addition. Makes me smile !

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
That indeed is a dream machine Tony. Take that photo and photo shop it with the rear fender and the tail tidy changed to that beautiful orange and see if you don’t think it looks good. She’s a beautiful Red Head (Tangerine)... it’s like an expensive dress shirt, seems like the “cuffs and the collar” should match. Don’t get me wrong she looks awesome, just wonder how that small change might look. You’ve done an amazing job, I’m sold on the rear fender addition. Makes me smile !
Sadly it may not be that simple as it's only a hugger at the rear. Glad you like the bike, though, Blitz (y)

41 - 60 of 83 Posts