BMW NineT Forum banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Must be my poetic side. Gettit? A verse? Hah!

Ahem. Sorry.

I happen to think most mudguards are useful things, and I also like a bit of visual punctuation to the end of a motorcycle. Tail tidy conversions seem to miss an important design aesthetic. I also think miniscule turn signals/brake lights look silly. Just my opinion.

Your setup, however, conveys a very nice sense of visual intertia. The contrasting black lower half with the beautiful tangerine tank and front fender with contrasting silver insert (I think it would look better without the tank pad but that is just me) and slightly bulbous seat cowl create a nicely dynamic blend of shape and color.
Ah, got you. Thanks again for tne kind words about the bike!

·
Registered
R nine t 2014
43 Posts
Such a nice bike. I am picking mine up next weekend, can't wait (photos in new members section). Mine is also a non standard paint job, red/cream. Looking forward to the modding. Mine has clip ons. How I will get on with them time will tell.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Such a nice bike. I am picking mine up next weekend, can't wait (photos in new members section). Mine is also a non standard paint job, red/cream. Looking forward to the modding. Mine has clip ons. How I will get on with them time will tell.
Thanks very much - will go and look at yours. Where are you based?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Fine videography Tony. I enjoyed the ride and the chat. Your Tangerine Dream is a Vision to behold.
You just need to twist her wrist a bit more and show these newbies how to handle that girl. England looks to be moto heaven when compared to the states especially if like me you live in a dense urban area. I have to drive thirty minutes in traffic to get to anywhere that resembles your daily rides and for that I envy you my friend. You’ve inspired me to post some vids as well. I have to filter through some editing soft ware and select an app that’s easy to use, any suggestions mate ? Cheers Blitz

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Fine videography Tony. I enjoyed the ride and the chat. Your Tangerine Dream is a Vision to behold.
You just need to twist her wrist a bit more and show these newbies how to handle that girl. England looks to be moto heaven when compared to the states especially if like me you live in a dense urban area. I have to drive thirty minutes in traffic to get to anywhere that resembles your daily rides and for that I envy you my friend. You’ve inspired me to post some vids as well. I have to filter through some editing soft ware and select an app that’s easy to use, any suggestions mate ? Cheers Blitz
Thanks mate, much appreciated. I do have to be careful as there are a lot of speed cameras in my area; I also need to work out how to blur my speedo in tne videos as vloggers have been known to be prosecuted for demonstrably speeding!

I use Movavi for video editing, by the way... check it out, it’s very user friendly.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Thanks Tony, for both the software recommendations as well as the caution about posting anything illegal in the way of speed. I’m so old school I hadn’t considered those consequences, now my vids will be a bit different than I had planned. I need to think this out a bit. We have very few traffic cams and I planned originally to take you on a 135mph run so you could feel and hear how sweet that boxer is tapped out to the max. These days it would be easy, there’s so little traffic (with the Covid19 lockdown) and some really nice straight paved super highway around these parts. It’s such a thrill to know you’re flat out and on the edge of any control. I know i have a loose screw in my brain that pushes me to go fast but it’s my drug of choice and I’m running out of time so I push the limits when I know it’s not the wise thing to do. I’ve been UpOn2 since I was 14 and I just hit 70 a few months ago, cancer is banging on me now around four years and any long range dreaming about traveling across my beautiful nation is a pipe dream. I’ve seen my better days of racing motos as a young man and going totally out on a limb for a thrill is all I have left. I’ll see what I can share with all these 9T maniacs and get back to you. Thanks Tony Cheers

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Thanks Tony, for both the software recommendations as well as the caution about posting anything illegal in the way of speed. I’m so old school I hadn’t considered those consequences, now my vids will be a bit different than I had planned. I need to think this out a bit. We have very few traffic cams and I planned originally to take you on a 135mph run so you could feel and hear how sweet that boxer is tapped out to the max. These days it would be easy, there’s so little traffic (with the Covid19 lockdown) and some really nice straight paved super highway around these parts. It’s such a thrill to know you’re flat out and on the edge of any control. I know i have a loose screw in my brain that pushes me to go fast but it’s my drug of choice and I’m running out of time so I push the limits when I know it’s not the wise thing to do. I’ve been UpOn2 since I was 14 and I just hit 70 a few months ago, cancer is banging on me now around four years and any long range dreaming about traveling across my beautiful nation is a pipe dream. I’ve seen my better days of racing motos as a young man and going totally out on a limb for a thrill is all I have left. I’ll see what I can share with all these 9T maniacs and get back to you. Thanks Tony Cheers
I'm so sorry to hear that the big C has hit you, Blitz, and I admire your attitude hugely. You be careful out there, though, and fingers crossed that you have many years left to enjoy that bike of yours.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Thanks mate, much appreciated. I do have to be careful as there are a lot of speed cameras in my area; I also need to work out how to blur my speedo in tne videos as vloggers have been known to be prosecuted for demonstrably speeding!

I use Movavi for video editing, by the way... check it out, it’s very user friendly.
Worth checking out the movavi youtube channel - lots of practical examples
(I bought movavi as well - but only been playing around with it so far)
- you might recognise the route from the Cricketers.

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Worth checking out the movavi youtube channel - lots of practical examples
(I bought movavi as well - but only been playing around with it so far)
- you might recognise the route from the Cricketers.
Nice job! I like the dashboard - how did you do that (although you'll have to watch yourself!)?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Nice job! I like the dashboard - how did you do that (although you'll have to watch yourself!)?
Dashboard data is built in to your GoPro (I think from Gp6 and above) - but you can only add it as an overlay using their GoPro Quik app.

(And my video is unlisted on YT)

·
Registered
818 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear that the big C has hit you, Blitz, and I admire your attitude hugely. You be careful out there, though, and fingers crossed that you have many years left to enjoy that bike of yours.
What a wonderfully sweet thing to say Toni. Your kind words and wishes are appreciated deeply. I’m doing my best to pull some quality and some fun out of the time I have left. It’s ironic from my perspective to be dealing with a pandemic on top of everything else in my life. I’m waiting for the earth quake or tornado to top it all off. What a crazy time we live in and that I’m still here at all. Each day is a gift and when it’s a day that I can GetUpOn2 I try to ride like the wind on my beauty Blitz. She is such a comfort to an old man in the last race of my life. StayUpOn2 Toni for as long as you have the strength. Be well. Blitz

61 - 80 of 84 Posts