BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Bought them, but I don't think I want to put them on.
The tank is beautiful, prettier than rubber bumpers.
Besides, I don't squeeze the tank with my legs anyway. So not sure if I will ever put them on.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any chance you can take a couple of pics…

the tank is indeed clean with nothing in the way of pads but the pads create a different kind of cool look. I'm not sure which i like better.

My triumph had the pads and it added a really masculine feel to the bike .

tough call…

pics may help me decide

thanks for all replies

·
Premium Member
2,278 Posts
any chance you can take a couple of pics…

the tank is indeed clean with nothing in the way of pads but the pads create a different kind of cool look. I'm not sure which i like better.

My triumph had the pads and it added a really masculine feel to the bike .

tough call…

pics may help me decide

thanks for all replies
Happy to, I'll grab some shots tomorrow when the sun is back out. Even the R9T doesn't look too glamorous in my dimly lit garage. Here's the photo that sold me:

I also had a Triumph - a Bonneville T100 - it was my first bike. I had kneepads and fork gaiters on it. Loved that bike. I just had to get the kneepads on the R9T too, and with the hump, I think it's perfect. :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
funny,

t100 for me too…gaiters, pads, biltwell tracker bars, predator exhaust…was hard to give that baby up…but the 9T has raised the bar…

now to make it my own…step by step

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have them and like them - visually breaks up the large aluminum section

I feel there is too much shiny aluminum on this bike

I would like to do something with the snorkle cover and maybe the hump as well

just my opinion, of course

·
Registered
47 Posts
How easy are they to put on, especially as far as lining them up correctly?
They come with a stick on cardboard template that help you locate them - pretty easy actually. The is some small interpretation on where you place the cardboard.

a one beer job

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wundelich-CSS pads

Today I put the Wunderlich's CSS pads instead of BMW genuine pads. It's slightly bigger than BMW's one and includes a pad to cover the top too. Worth try it, I think:)

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I ordered a set of OEM pads along with my hump since I was getting 10% off. I have yet to put them on though.

I have been working on my riding from including squeezing the tank with my knees and I am afraid that I may have grit in my riding pants and end up scratching so the pads will go on.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts