BMW NineT Forum banner

The Alpina Tubeless Wheel Thread

55K views 129 replies 42 participants last post by  smallberry 
#1 ·
JC Pak bikes the Alpina wheel dealer in the US was told by BMW at the Italian bike show the wheels are exactly the same as the R1200R wheels would this be correct guys? The reason I'm asking the Alpina dealer here in
the UK told me there were no wheels for the R9T as yet :rolleyes:

If that's the case Alpina make wheels for the R1200R so happy days!! Carbon Matrix mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:cool:

Gogs

#3 ·
So that's the snag:rolleyes: A well will just wait until the tyres are done and change then, so that will be next year sometime they should be out by then you would think, my bike doesn't arrive until June, I'm sure I'll see a set fitted on the forum not long after there available.

Any tail tidy's out there that keep the original lights and indicators yet???

Cheers
Gogs

#10 ·
Alpina wheels are tubeless spoked rims Huntsman.

I looked into ordering a set delivered to Australia from the US dealer. I haven't due to the dealer insisting that the R1200R wheels are the same... not the case according to all other sources.

They quoted $3055 retail price shipped for the carbon matrix. I will definitely be investing in a set when they have a model to fit the 9T. Only problem is deciding whether to go all gold or black and gold split... also black hubs or gold hubs...decisions, decisions!

#13 ·
Here is a update from the german reseller..

I ask the technical from alpina.*

Good news! The have checkt all the part numbers of hub, bolts and so on. Is all the same as the R1200R, so they told me this must fit. But to be shure they will test it on a nine-T. This is a very quick test, so i can let you know asap!

I let you know!!!!

Gruß

Matthias Hartl
Hartl Racing

Sent fra min SM-N9005 via Tapatalk

#15 · (Edited)
I mostly love the looks of the R9T, but have not purchased one...yet. One of my nit-picks is that if they wanted to create a "retro"-looking bike, BMW should have gone with a 19" rim on the front wheel. And if they did that...hey, just use the spoked tubeless wheels from the GS! They already exist, shouldn't be a big deal to fit them to this new bike, & we could have our spoked tubeless wheels in the "correct" size for bike which is supposed to harken to the classic looks of bikes from back in the day. (Personally, I will never buy a bike with tube-type wheels, as I consider them simply not up to par either in terms of safety or convenience of repair.) So, until BMW offers tubeless-type spoked wheels on the R9T, & a few other things (luggage!), I will stick with my GS.

#22 ·
od news! We can assamble wheels for your nine-t.

Hub cnc (colour what you like)

Spokes black or silver

Nipples alloy (div. Colours)

Rim alloy (colour what you like) or rim carbon/matrix

Alloy rims:

Price 1700,- netto

Carbon rims:

Price 1900,- netto

+shipping ex vat.

Sent fra min SM-N9005 via Tapatalk

#24 ·
Hi folks

Have been told there could be a possible discount on a group buy probably would depend on numbers, I wanted to wait until the original set of tyres were goosed but I would imagine they would go straight on to Alpina's,

I would buy now if there was enough interest and we got a decent discount.

Anyone interested????

Have been told shipping word wide EXCEPT NORTH AMERICA.

Gogs

#30 ·
Please educate me on the purpose of larger wheel size as well as I don't understand it. The bigger wheels seems to add weight. I want smaller width wheels - just not sure if I'm willing to pay the price. Ideally, something like the wheel size of the GS, 2.5" in the front and 4" in the rear.

#43 ·
Alpina rims ready to order

Spoke to Alpina UK today and wheel configurations are ready to order now :D 4-6 weeks delivery :(
I asked for black rims ,hubs ,spokes ,nipples £1345 :D
The same in carbon matrix £1630 :eek:
Alpina also quote they can't be held responsible for their anodised rims/hubs finish i.e imperfections once the wheels are made up and sent :rolleyes:and £60 transit insurance (optional) I can see a battle for some over marked rims from transit / delivery :mad:
I can maybe see why people want the carbon matrix version now :) :D:D

#44 ·
Spoke to Alpina UK today and wheel configurations are ready to order now :D 4-6 weeks delivery :(
I asked for black rims ,hubs ,spokes ,nipples £1345 :D
The same in carbon matrix £1630 :eek:
Alpina also quote they can't be held responsible for their anodised rims/hubs finish i.e imperfections once the wheels are made up and sent :rolleyes:and £60 transit insurance (optional) I can see a battle for some over marked rims from transit / delivery :mad:
I can maybe see why people want the carbon matrix version now :) :D:D
I have them fitted on my Ducati Sport Classic and they arrived un-blemished over three years ago and have never leaked they are quality hence the price and get rid of those tubes :D, I'll be going for the carbon rims for the T, Gold stiff nips, gold Hubs with black spokes, Karl at Alpina UK emailed me and said he could possibly get a discount for a group buy!!

Bose have you ordered a pair ???

Gogs

#49 ·
Hello Gogs
Yeah spoke to Karl today and will offer a discount with upto 5x orders any configuration / style rims ;)
My fingers on the button as it takes a minimum of 4 weeks for delivery so I think ill place an order anyhow at £1345 all Nero ;)
Enjoy your T in 6 weeks ,that'll be nice to come home to :)

#54 ·
carbon vs alum...

i have concerns over carbon on city roads with lots of imperfections, potholes, street car tracks and the like...

i've got a friend who damaged one of his all carbon wheels going over a very bad bump and once they are cracked or broken, that's it: garbage. granted, there may have been other factors (tire pressure, type of tire, suspension and who knows what else, but it's still a consideration for me).

i understand the carbon matrix is actually a carbon fibre and alloy fusion and that it is harder and better performing....my question is, is it also more enduring than just the alloy?

anyone know?

#57 ·
You'll get a new set of rear wheel bolts with the new rims from Alpina ,but all you'll need to purchase is a new set of incapsulated front disc bolts from BMW to re-fit the disc to the front wheel ,also ask Carl at UK Alpina if you can have 45 degree valves fitted at build point as standard are vertical ones ,much easier than 9T standard ones to get to but 45s would be even easier ;) your finish choice will look great on your 9T :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.