BMW NineT Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
The plate mount posts screw in to holes at the end of the tail tidy base, if you look at the last picture on https://dmoto.co/products/minima-tidy you can see the two post holes. I suppose you might be able to drill holes elsewhere and add some nuts, but i don’t think it would be easy.

A great resource that is unfortunately a little hard to find is the tutorial pdf for the tidy, linked from the tutorials page: https://dmoto.co/pages/tutorial

The install tutorial there has very nice diagrams of all the parts and step by step install instructions for all the options. They really should link it directly to the product page!

·
Registered
452 Posts
I just wanted to say, thank you for coming out with a lower cost option. I was highly critical of your first model based solely on the price. I plan on ordering this here in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,

I recently purchased a BMW R Nine T 2015 model (2016 compliance plates) with the normal seat on the rear without the seat cowl and the stock dual Akrapovic exhaust set up.

If i purchase this with the side external signals will I be able to install it cleanly on my bike with no issues with everything included in the box.

Also are these legal in QLD Australia?

Many thanks in advance

PS I've thrown in a photo of the sexy beast for reference sake.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hey all,
We're very excited to announce our latest product, the Minima.
This tail tidy for the R nineT has a few features that set it apart from it's bigger brother.
Namely, the ability to work in conjunction with the BMW Side Bag mounts. This is something we've had a lot of our customers and BMW employees ask for, and we were happy to make it happen. The LED light is smaller, and this kit has built-in external signal mounts (we recommend them, but it certainly works without.)
Another thing we've heard about for a while is the obvious price difference between our original kit and some others on the market out there. To address this with the Minima, we've used a slightly thinner stock aluminum (and the smaller LED) to lower our production costs so we can offer this kit starting at $379. We'll certainly still be offering our classic tidy as well, fear not.

We're happy to answer any questions here about the Minima, or anything else, and we'd love to hear your feedback. We very much value this community and are very happy to be on this journey together with you. We've got some more exciting plans for the future (headlight anyone?? I promise we're working on it) and look forward to sharing them with you. Cheers, Ross.
Hi Daedalus,

I love the first version and this one is great as well. I will be buying one for sure, especially now that it become more affordable. But I live in Croatia, as of recently we are part of EU, and we got no rule people keep mentioning about this ECE EU or how ever it's called ? For our market it's allowed to have back blinkers integrated with in that single LED light/stoplight strip. So my question is if the blinker mounts are integrated in the aluminium under part, what if I don't wanna use them at all? Will it the mounts stick out and make the set up ugly ? Plus YES I would surly consider buying the front FULL LED head light if it wan't to costly . But somehow I doubt it won't be ? And one more idea for front blinker that Daedalus should fabricate, produce . A LED thin strip pre-curved so it can just easily mount on the front forks . These are already being made by this company > New Rage cycles ** Ebay link removed **

·
Registered
91 Posts
This is a great tidy setup, I put one on a weekend ago and it couldn't have been easier, took maybe 30 minutes tops and that's only because I had to walk back and forth to the toolbox a few times to get the right tools. I've got the OEM fabric bags and they fit fine. I got the brackets to re-use the stock signals but decided not to use them, it's just so clean with just the LED indicators and it looked like clearance for the bags might be an issue.

Here are few more pics with and without the bags, it looks great with the hump! With the passenger seat there is a gap, but Daedalus provides some spacers to close it, I rarely use the passengers seat so this is ideal.

The right indicator is on in these pics, but the iPhone camera seemed to wash out the yellow, it's much more obviously different from the red side and brighter in real life.

View attachment 126830

View attachment 126829

View attachment 126831

View attachment 126832
Great man this is exactly what I plan to have done to the back end of my 9T Roadster. Mine is 2014, but still like brand new. Only difference, I plan to have a custom seat and bags made by ER motorcycles from Slovenia. Still using OEM or SW Motech side bag mounts LC1 and LC2 or LS whatever they are called . But I want my custom leather and fabric side bags to be just the same size as these . So how many liters are these OEM bags, these are the big pair right ?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi Daedalus,

I love the first version and this one is great as well. I will be buying one for sure, especially now that it become more affordable. But I live in Croatia, as of recently we are part of EU, and we got no rule people keep mentioning about this ECE EU or how ever it's called ? For our market it's allowed to have back blinkers integrated with in that single LED light/stoplight strip. So my question is if the blinker mounts are integrated in the aluminium under part, what if I don't wanna use them at all? Will it the mounts stick out and make the set up ugly ? Plus YES I would surly consider buying the front FULL LED head light if it wan't to costly . But somehow I doubt it won't be ? And one more idea for front blinker that Daedalus should fabricate, produce . A LED thin strip pre-curved so it can just easily mount on the front forks . These are already being made by this company > New Rage cycles ** Ebay link removed **
But now I see when I pick all things I need this setup to have the price of a single LED strip a peace of aluminium tray some wires a couple more small LED for the plate almost 500$ ??? And you dear to call this more affordable ???

·
Registered
91 Posts
But now I see when I pick all things I need this setup to have the price of a single LED strip a peace of aluminium tray some wires a couple more small LED for the plate almost 500$ ??? And you dear to call this more affordable ???
What kind of world do we live in...I sometimes wonder.

·
Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hi Daedalus,

Hey there Markan, thank you for your posts! ECE stands for 'Economic Commission for Europe,' and it's relation to motorcycling has a lot to do with general guidelines and safety requirements on your bike. With helmets for example, in Europe, they must be ECE certified. If your country hasn't adopted the ECE requirements like you stated, then there is nothing to worry about! To address your concern of not using external signals, even with the attachment points still there, they don't stick out of the Minima or anything, they are simply mounting holes located near the ends of the LED strip. I don't have a photo of the Minima without the signals there right now, but I'll attach one where you can see how they mount. There are just through holes there. Your other posts mention the cost of the Minima setup, and I completely understand your point of view. While there are other companies out there that have less expensive solutions, often made with plastic and cutting corners where they can, we feel our prices are justified by our build quality. We really strive to have our products speak for themselves. I really value your input on this forum, and it's always great to hear from customers and potential customers. Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi Ross
Hey there Markan, thank you for your posts! ECE stands for 'Economic Commission for Europe,' and it's relation to motorcycling has a lot to do with general guidelines and safety requirements on your bike. With helmets for example, in Europe, they must be ECE certified. If your country hasn't adopted the ECE requirements like you stated, then there is nothing to worry about! To address your concern of not using external signals, even with the attachment points still there, they don't stick out of the Minima or anything, they are simply mounting holes located near the ends of the LED strip. I don't have a photo of the Minima without the signals there right now, but I'll attach one where you can see how they mount. There are just through holes there. Your other posts mention the cost of the Minima setup, and I completely understand your point of view. While there are other companies out there that have less expensive solutions, often made with plastic and cutting corners where they can, we feel our prices are justified by our build quality. We really strive to have our products speak for themselves. I really value your input on this forum, and it's always great to hear from customers and potential customers. Thanks for your input! View attachment 127989
Hi Ross,

Thanks man, I really wasn't expecting any answer from you much less a long one like this. So I am amazed how grat you guys are, I really spoke from my heart. but I am a bit sorry I was so blunt and harsh. Sometimes we let our anger get the better of us. In truth I do understand and see your point about the build quality. I agree as far as this type of product for my bike goes, yours is far more superior in build quality than others on the market. Some of these are not bad just not that level. This blunt expression of mine is probably also due to my country's economic status and how low life standard has been reduced to in Croatia. Our Politician's are nothing but criminal. So I have to work twice as hard as a fellow biker from Britain to afford your gorgeous product ad easy as he would. More then maybe that's what ruttles my cage every such situation. Please accept my apologies and be sure I will contact you here as soon as I get to my fellow Brit riders position to buy the Minima as easy.

I am sure it's the best product of it's kind and for my beloved R9T.

Cheers.

·
Registered
452 Posts
My one and only question before I order one of these, in the next few days, is in reference to the electronic part there in your last photo. What protects that from water getting into it and damaging the circuit card? Having been an electronics technician for most of my life I'm worried about water getting into that section under the passenger pillon when riding in the rain over the winter. Does that seal up enough to keep this from happening? At one time I was storing my registration in that space under the passenger pillon seat and it ended up wet even in a zip lock bag.

·
Registered
52 Posts
What protects that from water getting into it and damaging the circuit card?
I was concerned about this too, and still am a little, but the wiring is all covered in some kind of sealant and the connections are shielded, so the resulting build quality is more or less the same as the water protection BMW gives to the wiring under the seat.

I think if you're going to ride in the rain regularly, adding a hugger fender and/or mudguard would be a great idea.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I was concerned about this too, and still am a little, but the wiring is all covered in some kind of sealant and the connections are shielded, so the resulting build quality is more or less the same as the water protection BMW gives to the wiring under the seat.

I think if you're going to ride in the rain regularly, adding a hugger fender and/or mudguard would be a great idea.
Speaking of hugger/mud guard, the hugger is already installed for the winter and a mug guard is on order so it should be alright. I guess I worry because most only ride in the sun, or some light rain where I ride year round in Washington State so it's pretty wet and things don't tend to dry out even overnight here. I'll order one anyway but I just thought it would be nice to hear how waterproof the electronics are on this tail tidy. I may be building a rack where the passenger pillon is so maybe I'll have to seal that little spot up so it stays water tight.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey all,
We're very excited to announce our latest product, the Minima.
This tail tidy for the R nineT has a few features that set it apart from it's bigger brother.
Namely, the ability to work in conjunction with the BMW Side Bag mounts. This is something we've had a lot of our customers and BMW employees ask for, and we were happy to make it happen. The LED light is smaller, and this kit has built-in external signal mounts (we recommend them, but it certainly works without.)
Another thing we've heard about for a while is the obvious price difference between our original kit and some others on the market out there. To address this with the Minima, we've used a slightly thinner stock aluminum (and the smaller LED) to lower our production costs so we can offer this kit starting at $379. We'll certainly still be offering our classic tidy as well, fear not.

We're happy to answer any questions here about the Minima, or anything else, and we'd love to hear your feedback. We very much value this community and are very happy to be on this journey together with you. We've got some more exciting plans for the future (headlight anyone?? I promise we're working on it) and look forward to sharing them with you. Cheers, Ross.
Looking forward to seeing your headlight design

·
Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
My one and only question before I order one of these, in the next few days, is in reference to the electronic part there in your last photo. What protects that from water getting into it and damaging the circuit card? Having been an electronics technician for most of my life I'm worried about water getting into that section under the passenger pillon when riding in the rain over the winter. Does that seal up enough to keep this from happening? At one time I was storing my registration in that space under the passenger pillon seat and it ended up wet even in a zip lock bag.
Also directed to @bonafidebob!

Take a gander at the wonders of hotmelt!
I'm not advising you go dunking your circuit boards, but this was made to show the point.
(Also, lower your speaker volume for the explosion at the end :))

21 - 35 of 35 Posts