BMW NineT Forum banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
update...Dart has a new screen option for the scrambler and it also fits existing mounts for some applications...

Dart Flyscreens - Piranha flyscreen
That one looks to be barely 7 inches tall. I know... I am picky. But if it is to do any decent wind deflection I would think 9 to 12 or so inches would be useful.

Since I started this thread I have found a possibility from Powerbronze and from MRA. But only a little info from Euro sites. Still investigating these now.

·
Banned
79 Posts
That one looks to be barely 7 inches tall. I know... I am picky. But if it is to do any decent wind deflection I would think 9 to 12 or so inches would be useful.

Since I started this thread I have found a possibility from Powerbronze and from MRA. But only a little info from Euro sites. Still investigating these now.
Dart shipped mine today....I'll post a picture when it's installed, should be arriving in about 10 days by mail.....I was considering the short version by Rizoma....but I had a Dart classic on my 9T and I really liked the quality and look...price is better too.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Looked at Rizoma. I think only the very short flyscreen fits the Scrambler. The taller one only fits the standard R9T.
I have the taller Rizoma screen on my Scrambler.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the taller Rizoma screen on my Scrambler.

So it does fit even though Rizoma says no. Does it bolt to the four holes under the top triple crown? I wondered if those were placed the same on R9T and Scrambler. Bmw parts book shows different part number for top triple crown for R9T and Scram. Looks good on your bike. The smaller Riz screen clamps to the fork tube. Wonder why they did two different mounts????

·
Registered
50 Posts
MRA response about screen

Hello George,

Thank you for your mail.
You are totally right, this is not the right picture.
This is because we did not get the R Nine-T Scrambler yet to fit the screen. As you said the mounts will be different.
And this is why the screen is not available yet.

Please stay tuned.

I also emailed Powerbronze. Their screen is available but not in stock. About a four week wait for more to be made up. So I will keep looking for four weeks, then decide. So far we have Powerbronze, Rizoma (according to Grim Rider), maybe the new Dart, and National Cycle in the USA that has a Flyscreen similar to the Dart.

·
Registered
50 Posts
National Cycle replied about their Mohawk screen, now available for the R9T. Perhaps another screen possibility.

Hello,
The Mowhawk is now available for your 2017 R Nine T. Below is a link to all the products we offer for your BMW.

2016 BMW R nineT

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
MRA Highway Universal Windscreen

I added an MRA Highway universal Windscreen to my Scrambler. It's a little bigger than the ones most people on this site seem to be interested in. I had a Dart screen on my Ducati Scrambler and it didn't seem to make any difference in wind flow. That's a pretty big deal here in Colorado where the morning temperatures are 40 degrees F below the afternoon highs. The fun also went out of picking bugs from out of my teeth quite a few years ago ...

The mounting kit is fairly easy to install and it's nice looking (IMHO) and stable at speed.

·
Super Moderator
2014 BMW R NineT (Classic)
10,638 Posts
IMO the Dart fly screen is the one to have - but I'm biased.... ;)

21 - 40 of 76 Posts