·
Registered
2016 RNineT Classic
311 Posts

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
665 Posts
I just got around to watching the 13-minute R9T introduction video, which I thing was well done. Those are some terrific looking new paint schemes, optional billet parts, and nice options and packages. I still don't know that I'd rush to sell or trade my 2020 Pure for one of the new models, but I'd at least consider it.

At 10:00 it shows a new license plate holder which seems interesting.

I am wondering if it’s already available for order or do we have to wait ?
That definitely got my attention, too. If I can attach a GS style mud guard to that new plate holder, I'll probably buy one. I'm keeping my tail piece as-is, with my license plate fastened to it. I'm just looking for something to reduce the amount of water sprayed up my back on wet roads, and this new plate holder bracket (if I can attach that small fender piece) would not only be functional, it looks terrific too. Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so I know it's not for everyone.

·
Registered
2020,R Nine T Racer
151 Posts
This is exactly what happens in Milan and in the whole Lombardy region! I have a 2014 Euro 3 and it won't be allowed to enter in Milan (Area B) starting October 2028 but I really don't care because it will be 14 years old and once it will be 20 years old I will apply for the historical registration (CRS) and use it with no limits until its natural end. Outside Milan resctrictions will apply mostly on winter months so it's not a real problem.

I thought a lot about it and I have no plans to trash money to update to Euro 4, Euro 5, Euro 6.... They want you to spend a lot of money trading in the old bike to only get 3 new years of "allowed use" each time you step up the Euro number. I'm having my tubes removed and my wheels sealed and next I'm going to update my suspensions to full Ohlins. In the future I could consider the idea to add another bike next to nineT but it should be a totally different bike with better performance, not the same bike with less performance because of the new regulations.

In the end, over here, we'll be allowed to drive only electric bikes or historical bikes.
Yes, your conclusion is correct. For me Euro requirements are mind boggling. Most conflict in Africa is for rare metals used inter alia in catalytic converters. Those converters are so valuable that in even in a wealthy country like America they are the target of thieves. Also most motorbikes are light on fuel and are often driven for less than 5000 km per year. Why bother with Euro 5. It just makes the bike heavier and complicated.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am excited about the announcement - R9T UGS returning after 2 year hiatus. From al that I've read, though, more electronics on these bikes than I prefer (upgrading from '95 R100R Classic) and pricing is a concern. Hope prices are only marginally higher than for 2018 models. Will be visiting dealership tomorrow - they are expecting me :unsure:

·
Registered
2020 Urban GS
29 Posts
Just read this wee article on the changes for 2021:

Does anybody know if DBC (Dynamic Brake Control) will lessen the incredible engine braking the 9T has? It's something about it I really like. Maybe the DBC could be disabled in Dynamic mode, perhaps?

The changes otherwise look good. Pretty keen on this one:

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Is there a model number for the new machines, eg the Scrambler from 2016 is the K23.
Also is there already a place on the web where the part references of the new models can be found?
I could be interested in the new shock they have, or the 12v outlet with USB...
Thanks

·
Banned
424 Posts
I find my bike wanting for nothing and since I've never had any of these advanced electronics I guess I don't feel the need.
I am so glad that BMW can continue the bike.
Even my dealers said they were surprised.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Feels like a patch job until BMW has a market-ready electric moto. Which I am excited for if they make it look non-futuristic like their concept from last year.

·
Registered
2016 RNineT Classic
311 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Bumble Bee 40 year Turban in the UK is £14k :oops:

·
Registered
2016 RNineT Classic
311 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
did someone already placed the 2021 led headlight into a 2020 -or older - bike? I was looking for the parts to order and make it work.

121 - 140 of 164 Posts