BMW NineT Forum banner

141 - 160 of 164 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Classic
321 Posts
Those wheels are very nice I must say, but I would still choose my brushed aluminium tank over any of the new colours.

·
Registered
51 Posts
New crop is looking good! I like the red frame on the UGS.
I don't personally see what all the fuss is about on the existing wheels, but it's nice to see BMW does listen.
I'm curious to see what the new airbox covers list for, it's a much cleaner look - hopefully they will be less expensive than the Al ones on the /5.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I like the detail of the small silver blocks inside the recess areas on the wheels, but wonder what holds them in? I hope it's more than tension. I bet these little blocks would look great powder coated red to match the frame.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
1,647 Posts
I have to agree with all of the above sentiments.

• Wheels look great
  • Red Frame is great
  • Air box covers are great

·
Registered
12 Posts
New crop is looking good! I like the red frame on the UGS.
I don't personally see what all the fuss is about on the existing wheels, but it's nice to see BMW does listen.
I'm curious to see what the new airbox covers list for, it's a much cleaner look - hopefully they will be less expensive than the Al ones on the /5.
Hi.
I’ll check in the morning to see if prices for the covers have been set

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
164 Posts
I was lucky enough to demo a Euro5 r nine t urban GS for the day. I can report that BMW have done a nice job dealing with Euro5, the bike is smooth with good mid range power, however some might think it's lost a little character when compared to Euro4/3, it's a little quieter from the exhaust, you can tell the throttle bodies are now controlled by the ECU rather than a direct cable pull, however you can now choose different riding modes and have cruise control if you wish. I can also report the rear shock is better controlled with no need to rush out to replace it... All in all very nice!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was lucky enough to demo a Euro5 r nine t urban GS for the day. I can report that BMW have done a nice job dealing with Euro5, the bike is smooth with good mid range power, however some might think it's lost a little character when compared to Euro4/3, it's a little quieter from the exhaust, you can tell the throttle bodies are now controlled by the ECU rather than a direct cable pull, however you can now choose different riding modes and have cruise control if you wish. I can also report the rear shock is better controlled with no need to rush out to replace it... All in all very nice!!

View attachment 140147
Well, that sort of sucks...now I might have to want one once they hit USA dealers.

Googled and found this site.

Leaning towards the White one with Comfort package. Only thing missing is bags of some sort else maybe a tiny trunk else tank bag then good to go. Though sadly...to me...it is always a case of buy then want to add items. I know for certain cruising down the road way will make me want for a taller windscreen of some sort.

And what...no gas gauge? Hopefully a 'miles to empty' screen of some sort at least. Riding an old 2005 r1200rt. First year of the oil heads if I recall correctly...plus free 'power assist' breaking...sadly. Hope these R nine T did away with the fuel strip issue the old ones had...thinking they have.

Will be interesting to see how much different this 2021 engine feels compared to my 2005 bike.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have checked the air box covers. The new ones have a screw mount on the rear of the airbox so won’t fit on the previous model

·
Registered
BMW R nineT /5
63 Posts
Has anyone noticed, especially clear in Boysie's photo above, that they have tidied up all of the injectors and sensors on top of the throttle body. Much neater job. I do like the new bikes and was asking my dealer before xmas. Its just I couldn't justify the much greater outlay over a year old bike with very little miles on it that I bought instead. Plus I really like the /5 I got looks wise.

·
Registered
BMW R nineT /5
63 Posts
Maybe they have just moved it to underneath the throttle body. Still looks neater though. New airbox panels also help tidy up the side view. The head design also helps with the new angle for the plug cover, I like the way it follows the line of the frame. Good job BMW design dept.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Must not ride to the dealer...new 21 Nine Ts in stock

Enjoy the eye candy all.

Darn, that world of the Internet makes that 2021 Option 719 Mineral White Metallic just looks so darn good it is hard not to drive several hours to go see it.

Would not need it, unless I traded in my old 05 r1200rt. The 21 NineT GS looks likewise nice...just not certain if it has features over the base NineT model (save for tubeless tires; well scan dual gauges) that would make a GS worth considering as I don't off-road at all to speak of.

I like dual gauges, guess tube tires of base NineT with spoke tires would due even if the tube could get a hole in it. Not excited about how the mag rims look on the other NineT models.

Would just seem very hard to add bags to speak of to either this Option 719 or base model. Then the 'want' for a windscreen.

Was told that little tail section backrest flips down to allow access to small store area which is sort of nice. Uncertain that ones backside would ever touch it riding sole with such upright riding position (which I prefer). That plus I cannot see how a lady friend (very thin...wish I had one handy) could fit on this seat with me thus tail section would have to come off; it comes with a rear seat pad one then put in place.

Guess the only knock I can give it is, too me, that dual exhaust on the left side just mucks up the look on that side of the bike. Certain others look it though and I read, thinking that this exhaust sounds sweet stock.

A very sweet-looking ride indeed.
2021 ninet option 719.JPG

·
Banned
424 Posts
The R NINE T charges on through Euro 5.
Great news.
However I worked out the price to change from my Racer would get me an immaculate 2016 standard classic with a grand left over for mods.
I can't see a lot of us rushing into the dealers to do a deal but I'm so glad that lots of new bike buyers will come to know the joy of 9T thanks to the gadgetry, the lack thereof might have turned them off before.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I will not be rushing off to the dealers any time soon for the following reasons
  • My R9T is less than a year old and not yet ready for the recycling bin
  • I'm living under a form of house arrest as the plague runs amok
  • The dealer is beyond my travel boundary - don't wish to get arrested by the feds
  • The 2021 models don't excite me that much

141 - 160 of 164 Posts