BMW NineT Forum banner

161 - 164 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
665 Posts
My local BMW dealer has 2-3 new 2021 R9Ts in stock, with a couple more expected to arrive soon. I'm looking forward to seeing the new bikes, but I think I'll be able to resist the urge to trade in my 2020 Pure. ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Another thing we found out today. Pro-Race exhausts are near us and borrowed one to do photos. Seems the diameter of the pipe outlet/can inlet is 2mm bigger and the flappy paddle (exhaust servo) is now integrated into the can. No more valve eliminator without a new can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
665 Posts
I visited the local shop Saturday to see the new 2021 R9Ts. They had the 'classic' in Option 719 Aluminum paint scheme, with the 719 billet parts installed. What a terrific looking motorcycle. The styling is bolder but not garish by any means.

They also had a Pure in Teal Blue Metallic Matte. I'm not normally a fan of flat paint finishes, but I dig this one. What makes it look even better in my opinion is the black front fender with teal stripes, something you can't see in the photos online. This bike had the "Select" option package with adaptive headlight, cruise control, and rider modes. Also, both bikes had better tires than the Metzeler Z8s my bike (and most R9Ts) came with. I didn't note the shoes on the classic, but the Pure had Michelin Road 5 2CT tires.

I can't see trading my 2020 Pure for a new bike at this point, not after just six months and 3,000 miles of ownership. Also, I love my 2020's style (the Option 719 white/black paint scheme). Honestly, however, another part of this is just financial. I feel like I got a good deal on my current bike, and I'd also hate to start over on my motorcycle loan. I just need riding season to start soon so I can spend more time riding than looking at other bikes on the web! :LOL:

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
I visited the local shop Saturday to see the new 2021 R9Ts. They had the 'classic' in Option 719 Aluminum paint scheme, with the 719 billet parts installed. What a terrific looking motorcycle. The styling is bolder but not garish by any means.

They also had a Pure in Teal Blue Metallic Matte. I'm not normally a fan of flat paint finishes, but I dig this one. What makes it look even better in my opinion is the black front fender with teal stripes, something you can't see in the photos online. This bike had the "Select" option package with adaptive headlight, cruise control, and rider modes. Also, both bikes had better tires than the Metzeler Z8s my bike (and most R9Ts) came with. I didn't note the shoes on the classic, but the Pure had Michelin Road 5 2CT tires.

I can't see trading my 2020 Pure for a new bike at this point, not after just six months and 3,000 miles of ownership. Also, I love my 2020's style (the Option 719 white/black paint scheme). Honestly, however, another part of this is just financial. I feel like I got a good deal on my current bike, and I'd also hate to start over on my motorcycle loan. I just need riding season to start soon so I can spend more time riding than looking at other bikes on the web! :LOL:
That gap you get between what your 2020 will trade in for and the price of a 2021 model looks awfully wide whenever I think about doing such a thing!
And would you really enjoy the ride any more?
Cheers, Ken.

161 - 164 of 164 Posts