BMW NineT Forum banner

541 - 544 of 544 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Yes Ken it was. Without the plug does it show a fault light on the clocks or just register a fault in the ecu?

Yes it will show a fault code. So you have a couple of options, leave the flapper on or remove the cables as per the vidoe I posted earlier and just leave the servo where it is. Alternatively you can buy a servo buddy that plugs in to the plug.

PS, it was myself that bought Ken's link pipe and servo buddy plug from him.

·
Registered
2017 R nineT Classic
313 Posts
Without the plug does it show a fault light on the clocks or just register a fault in the ecu?
It depends on the year of the bike. There is no one size fits all answer.

On pre-'17 bikes the ECU will register a silent fault but won't show anything on the dash. It will ride just fine but your service tech may not be happy if you ever take it in. You can clear it with a GS911 but it will come back as soon as you start the bike.

On '17+ bikes, including all submodels it will freak out and throw up the Warning light as well as an Engine fault on the display. The bike should never be run like this because a Check Engine Light (CEL) supercedes all other dash warnings. So you will never get other warnings with their icon like low fuel, temp or bulb out warnings.

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Yes Ken it was. Without the plug does it show a fault light on the clocks or just register a fault in the ecu?
Hi,
Sorry, can’t answer that as I never tried it with out the cheater plug in place.
Cheers,Ken.
PS. Just seen this has already been addressed. Thanks.

·
Registered
R nine t 2014
34 Posts
Thanks guys for your replys. As my bike is 2015 I will leave it unless someone has got a servo buddy that they are selling cheaply.

541 - 544 of 544 Posts