BMW NineT Forum banner

561 - 580 of 601 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'd really like to know what componentry is inside the Servo Buddy, i'm thinking a cheap resistor or such???

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Hi,
Can I use this to remove my flap valve?

or what is the right diameter of this pipe tube?

thanx! :)
No, that won’t do.
You need a jointing piece that is the same diameter along its length. Preferably with a shoulder in the centre.
Sorry, can’t remember Dia. but someone will soon let you know.
Ken.

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,416 Posts

·
Registered
2017 R Nine T Racer
10 Posts
Hello all! I am new to the forum as well as to R Nine T ownership. I acquired a 2017 Racer last week and absolutely love the bike. Yesterday I received and installed the BOS boxer cup exhaust. It comes the a titanium flapper delete pipe which I have not installed yet. My question is this. I have seen conflicting statements about whether removal of the flapper valve will set off a warning light on the dash. What do I need to do to avoid the light or am I all clear just replacing the valve with the delete pipe? Is it even worth doing. The exhaust sounds pretty good as is but of course want to get the best sound possible even if it is just a subtle change. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2020,R Nine T Racer
212 Posts
I like the sound of the standard Racer exhaust. I am of opinion that the cost does not justify replacing the exhaust. I also do not like fiddling with sensors and electronics. Always expensive to sort out afterwards.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I think there is a way I did it with my 2014 standard Are Nine Tee, it does get a little awkward wrapping up the cables and servo motor to get them out of site. I have an Urban GS and a /5 that are both getting Servo Buddy's. You might also find it easier to unplug and remove the entire flapper assembly as well as keeping it all together and assembled just in case you want to reinstall it.

·
Registered
2017 R Nine T Racer
10 Posts
I think there is a way I did it with my 2014 standard Are Nine Tee, it does get a little awkward wrapping up the cables and servo motor to get them out of site. I have an Urban GS and a /5 that are both getting Servo Buddy's. You might also find it easier to unplug and remove the entire flapper assembly as well as keeping it all together and assembled just in case you want to reinstall it.
Well, I just went ahead and ordered a servo buddy. Looks like that should do the trick. When it gets delivered and installed I plan on removing the entire flapper assembly. Thanks for the link to the Servo Buddy.

·
Registered
2020 R Nine T Pure
54 Posts
Big thank you's to all that contributed to this thread. Following the directions, it was a cinch to remove exhaust valve. I was surprised at how heavy the whole device is. Removing the valve and replacing the Pure's factory silencer was far easier than I had anticipated and shaved a fair number of pounds.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well I am thinking of it in my 9t I wonder what hve you used to connect the pipe with the Exhaust muffler??🤔
Did mine yesterday evening, great timing, I came back to the forum for install advice and it was down for maintenance! Only tricky bit was disconnecting servo wiring. Got my parts from Pier City Custom, more expensive than local workshop source but saved the time of hunting around and its very nicely machined. Easy install, lots of advice here.

·
Administrator
12,190 Posts
Well I am thinking of it in my 9t I wonder what hve you used to connect the pipe with the Exhaust muffler??🤔
Plenty of info on this thread, mate.

I've moved your post there, please have a read through and you'll find lots of helpful stuff.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I did this job on my 2012 Adv a few weeks ago, bought a cut-off at a custom exhaust place ss tube 63mm od, 67mm long. Chamfered the ends with a file, polished it, removed valve and servo complete and all good, no warning light in that era. For my Turban just today bought another off cut same dimensions, fitted it but this time tied in an ESE servo eliminator because the later r9t's will show a light. Started the motor but yet to ride it. Cant say it made much difference to the Adv, I removed it for fear of it failing me in the future either than for sound or imaginary horsepower.:cool:

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
That's what I did as after taking out the flapper, the muffler on my Urban was louder f an before and I didn't like the volume before much less the extra rumble after. If I could find a quieter slip on I'd probably remove again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bye bye exhaust flapper Exhaust does sound a bit smoother, but all my pops & bangs are still there on full-power acceleration & deceleration!

FYI everyone...this product is literally the highest quality & the strongest exhaust valve eliminator on the market. It is a TA2 (Grade 7) Titanium alloy (includes a minute amount of Palladium)...please read more here on Titanium alloys (something I am quite experienced working with)

Hi, this valve eliminator looks great! where can we find / order it?

561 - 580 of 601 Posts