BMW NineT Forum banner

601 - 620 of 624 Posts

·
Administrator
12,408 Posts
What I heard was it's part of the latest EURO regs... In the same way as the welded-in db killers were.

Reactions: Ken.B.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello There,
I’m a R9t 2018 owner, I find this forum very useful.
regarding the flap valve eliminator pipe, I’ve just bought one from a website which was absolutely badly engineered and cheaply made. I am very unhappy with my purchase, I would like to have some suggestions where I could find I better made product.
Thank you very much for your help.

·
Premium Member
2018 BMW R nineT
393 Posts
regarding the flap valve eliminator pipe, I’ve just bought one from a website which was absolutely badly engineered and cheaply made. I am very unhappy with my purchase, I would like to have some suggestions where I could find I better made product.
There's probably a billion of those. Here's one: BMW R Nine T exhaust flaps replacement pipe

It's AC Schnitzer so it's a good product for sure.

·
Premium Member
2020 BMW R9T Pure, Ali tank.
769 Posts
Hello There,
Thank you very much for your help.
OMG 😱
Ken.
View attachment 141955

·
Super Moderator
2017 Pure
1,969 Posts
Hello There,
Thank you very much for your help. View attachment 141955

Hello @Edo90fa

Firstly, welcome to the forum, we're glad you find it a useful resource.

When you get a moment, please introduce yourself with an introduction in the 'New Users Introduction' section.

As @laalves has pointed out, there are plenty of places you can get a great piece to do the trick, my choice would be to use the DK Design titanium part.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello @Edo90fa

Firstly, welcome to the forum, we're glad you find it a useful resource.

When you get a moment, please introduce yourself with an introduction in the 'New Users Introduction' section.

As @laalves has pointed out, there are plenty of places you can get a great piece to do the trick, my choice would be to use the DK Design titanium part.
Thank you for your tips.

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you know . . . . .then you know. Finally got around to removing this from my 2016 after four years of ownership. I was surprised at how heavy it was and was impressed with the slightly deeper tone of the exhaust note. Have yet to ride the bike yet but happy with the result.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Will be receiving my replacement link pipe for the removal of the flapper coming week. Did you guys use exhaust grease between the pipes?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I will say the Wunderlich America one isn't as pictured. On the website it looks like this:

In person, this is what you get:

Nothing wrong with that, and in fact I like that there's no rib because you can fully seat the slip on against the header and have the two clamps next to each other making it look much cleaner IMO. The bad thing? It's SLIGHTLY undersized where the stock clamps will need to be shimmed to prevent them from bottoming out before they're completely secure. If you try to put a 2.25 clamp on there, it won't work either as it's JUST too big, so shimming is really your only option. Wunderlich.de may in fact have the ribbed version, but us Americans get the smooth, slightly undersized. pipe.

·
Registered
2017 R9T Classic
73 Posts
Just waiting for my slip on to ship before I do this, I hope it's soon. I ended up with the CW valve eliminator as the Remus was discontinued on Revzilla's site.

If you know . . . . .then you know. Finally got around to removing this from my 2016 after four years of ownership. I was surprised at how heavy it was and was impressed with the slightly deeper tone of the exhaust note. Have yet to ride the bike yet but happy with the result.

View attachment 142244
Too bad I can't give you two likes one for the flapper delete and another for the spirits in the Glencairn glass.

·
Registered
2018 Pure
33 Posts
Was out riding with some buddies and at a stop one of them came over to me all worried that some sensor or electric doodad had come loose and melted onto my exhaust pipe... of course it was the flapper 🤪

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
I performed a Flapperectomy on my 2019 Pure and soon after reverted.
Seem to remember there were 2 arrows to align to make sure it went together as it should.
Ken.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Removal of the exhaust noise-control valve
Hi,
Have some of you already removed the valve but, in a recent R9T? I'm talking about 2018 onwards (my R9T is from 2020!).
With pictures it would be perfect !!
Obrigado

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Hi,
I just followed the “How to do it” info in this mega thread.
Mine was a 2019 Pure.
No problems.
Cheers,Ken.
PS. The flapper on my 2020 model looks just the same.

601 - 620 of 624 Posts