BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 246 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a thread to share what risers can be used on the NineT, install photos and info appreciated.

After getting a custom Bill Mayer seat which raises me up a little, risers were very much needed for a comfortable riding position for me.

I installed these ROX risers, part # 1R-P2PPA giving me an adjustable combined 2" lift and push back.
The install was straightforward and the cables seem to be long enough without needed custom lines made. Though I do have my hand levers moved towards the middle about an inch to make the pulling on the levers good for me.
The clutch line was tighter than the brake line, to get a little more length I took it out of the clip by my foot on the rear of the engine, pictured below.

I've very happy with the riding position now, between the fairing, seat and risers the ninet fits me like a glove and is ready for long rides. :D

Where I gained the extra slack.

·
Super Moderator
3,298 Posts
They look like a solid and well made product. The finish is very nice. :)
I can appreciate that you can fine tune the position by rotating the bottom as well as the position of the handlebar.

My one not-like is the doubledecker look of those on top of the original clamping bridge. I think that looks too cluttered.
I am hoping for something simpler like this pictured Wunderlich product, but with some mounting up and back. I'll keep looking . . . :(

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
True, maybe Verholen will make some backs for the nineT, we had them on our f800r, looked oem and brought the bars up and back. Down side is they were $300.

http://www.bmwmotorcycleaccessories.com/Verholen_c50.htm

My ROX are pretty hidden between my fairing, gps and tank box though.
Comfort over form for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Lost Rider- When you moved over the Clutch Lever etc------ did you need to do that for cable play? or just did it for the feel of the clutch lever?
Peter

·
Registered
40 Posts
They look like a solid and well made product. The finish is very nice. :)
I can appreciate that you can fine tune the position by rotating the bottom as well as the position of the handlebar.

My one not-like is the doubledecker look of those on top of the original clamping bridge. I think that looks too cluttered.
I am hoping for something simpler like this pictured Wunderlich product, but with some mounting up and back. I'll keep looking . . . :(
Wunderlich has a set of R Nine T risers coming out next month...

Handlebar Risers R nine T All Items For This Bike 31011001 | BMW Wunderlich America

R.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,298 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes they are the same ones I have pictured in my post above. :rolleyes:
I like the simple design, but would like some reach back as well, not just up.
Apologies. They looked a bit different to me.

I have a fused cervical spine, so I'm looking before I leap on a purchase-- I need to put myself into a more upright position, or the bike will be effectively unrideable for me.

My best guess is that I need approximately 1" up and 2" back.

When I posited the question to Wunderlich, here was their verbatim response:

These [the risers] will raise the handlebars about just under ¾”. Then I would recommed installing a Magura aluminum tapered bar with the same or similar bend as an R1200 GS. The combination of these two parts should put you about where you need to be and nothing would look out of place. We can help you with the handlebars as well. In regards to the handlebars that I am suggesting, they will be wider but if that turns out to be an issue, they can be shortened a bit. You may need to replace cables and hydraulic lines, but it will be impossible to say in advance. We will do whatever we can to assist you.

R.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Installed the Rox handlebar risers today. 15 minute job. Plenty of slack in all the wires, cables and hydralic lines. I like the additional 2 inches of rise and 2 inches pullback.
I initally didn't like the industrial look of the double stacked risers as posted by others, but it much more comfortable to ride in the new position.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Installed the Rox handlebar risers today. 15 minute job. Plenty of slack in all the wires, cables and hydralic lines. I like the additional 2 inches of rise and 2 inches pullback.
I initally didn't like the industrial look of the double stacked risers as posted by others, but it much more comfortable to ride in the new position.
Glad you've found your salution hogasus,but for your own safety from your pictures you've oe bar clamp dosnt look like it's been tightened in an even sequence on the bolts ,unless of course it's the camera angle ;)there's more of a gap on the left front bolt to the rear and against the right ones fitted :)
Play safe and enjoy the ride :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Glad you've found your salution hogasus,but for your own safety from your pictures you've oe bar clamp dosnt look like it's been tightened in an even sequence on the bolts ,unless of course it's the camera angle ;)there's more of a gap on the left front bolt to the rear and against the right ones fitted :)
Play safe and enjoy the ride :D
Bose, what a keen eye you have! No one else would have noticed that. But rest assured that the gap is even on both sides. The cameras eye is the devious one here.

See attached. Thank you for the post.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Probably go with same set up when I take delivery this month...Which size did you buy ..7/8? or 1 1/8 size bars?
Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Probably go with same set up when I take delivery this month...Which size did you buy ..7/8? or 1 1/8 size bars?
Thanks in advance..
When you purchase, the kit comes with your choice of 7/8" (with spacers) or 1 1/8" bar holder dimension. Since the bars are 7/8" tapered up to 1 1/8" at the clamp down point, I chose the larger size, as I saw no need for the spacers.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Bose, what a keen eye you have! No one else would have noticed that. But rest assured that the gap is even on both sides. The cameras eye is the devious one here.

See attached. Thank you for the post.
guys, i was always taught to tighten the front clamping bolts to contact, then tighten all bolts to torque in a cross pattern. this leaves only a gap at the back of the clamp (the side closer to the rider).

·
Registered
46 Posts
guys, i was always taught to tighten the front clamping bolts to contact, then tighten all bolts to torque in a cross pattern. this leaves only a gap at the back of the clamp (the side closer to the rider).
Thanks Path. I will go back and correct the gap.

1 - 20 of 246 Posts