BMW NineT Forum banner

281 - 300 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
That looks good mate. I see what you mean by reaching your comfort zone with dis-assembly. That looks scary. I went ahead and bought a set of electric auto horns and used my oil cooler guard as a mount. I’ll take Picts tomorrow, I still have to wire them. You did a very cool mount. Do a short vid so you can honk it and we (forum) can hear it. ?

·
Administrator
11,645 Posts
Nice work!

·
Registered
970 Posts
Installed the Denali Soundbomb today, and I’m in love. Holy sheeet, it’s loud. I didn’t get the compact. I bought the 49.00 full-size unit, decided to use the left forward turn signal hard mount (moved the forward turns aft and installled the m.blaze discs BUSY day) the hard mount location is perfect, no drilling or fab work at all..! The most difficult thing was routing the wires and the massive amount of disassembly I did ~ took me to the edge of my comfort zone. View attachment 129424
View attachment 129422 View attachment 129423
I’m hoping I didn’t waste my money because I haven’t honked these yet, I’ve been feeling bad and the weather in Dallas is cold and wet right now so I got them mounted and have not done the hard part yet and wire them up, but I do like the way they look so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that they are real honkers. I mounted one on each side of the oil cooler
... if I’m disappointed I’ll do what you did and Denali bomb it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Not sure how to upload a video. The ones you chose look good (I mean as good as these things could). The wiring / routing etc,, has been the hardest part of all my mods this week.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Just realized I misunderstood your question, sorry. Yes, it’s a compact air horn, AND VERY LOUD. I like it so much I may put them on everything I own..!!! Haha
That’s funny, I’ve had a dozen street bikes and all of them had air horns but this 9T. I thought there was no room until I saw your build. If my electro’s don’t cut it I’ll follow your lead and go with Denali. Thanks for sharing. Blitz

·
Premium Member
735 Posts
I’m hoping I didn’t waste my money because I haven’t honked these yet, I’ve been feeling bad and the weather in Dallas is cold and wet right now so I got them mounted and have not done the hard part yet and wire them up, but I do like the way they look so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that they are real honkers. I mounted one on each side of the oil cooler
... if I’m disappointed I’ll do what you did and Denali bomb it.

View attachment 129433
Blitz
I had a pair of these on my /6 and was very pleased with them.
If you don't mind a suggestion, I would point the mouth towards the bottom to lessen the direct ingestion of bugs.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Blitz
If you don't mind a suggestion, I would point the mouth towards the bottom to lessen the direct ingestion of bugs.
??? That’s a great idea! It’s a single bolt and will be easy to swivel it around. Thanks, don’t know why I didn’t think of that. ? Texas JuneBugs are big ones ...

·
Administrator
11,645 Posts
Hey Dave! Can you coach me on a video upload? I seem to be missing something
I'm going to admit that I believe I only ever embedded a video in a post on this site once, and that was years ago... After a bit of trial and error I uploaded the video to youtube and then embedded the video in a post here... Can I please ask that you post a help request in the Community Help section and someone (possibly a forum admin) will chime in with more information than I can!

·
Administrator
11,645 Posts
In fact I've just searched the forum and funnily enough I've asked this question before...

Perhaps add to this thread if what scant info there is no help.

Reactions: BlitzSchnell

·
Registered
970 Posts
In fact I've just searched the forum and funnily enough I've asked this question before...

Perhaps add to this thread if what scant info there is no help.
Who knows Dave, Boomerswany .... it could go viral. We could all post vids on YouTube honking our horns for five seconds. Make it a contest where viewers can vote ....
Coolest looking .....Loudest,....highest & lowest pitch,...most obnoxious,....best attention getter.....The 9T with the biggest honker Wins ...... I don’t know, bragging rights ?
Beep beep !

·
Registered
71 Posts
RE: my /5 Pure 2020 - If I install LED turn signals will the bike automatically recognize the lower output, adjust and not throw an error?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was about to pull the trigger on a Ducati desert sled when I came across the r9t urban gs. I really like the styling of the bike. But I do have a few questions. The desert sled needs it’s timing belt changed at 15k when does the the r9t need it’s chains replaced? I couldn’t find it in the service intervals. How reliable is the engine in the r9t compared to others on the market? I ask these questions because I am going to use it as a commute about 700mi a week.

·
Registered
2018 R Nine T Racer
199 Posts
I have owned a 2013 1200 GSA which basically has the same engine (1200 air cooled) and used it for commuting 1000km a week. Summer and winter. Never mist a beat, never skipped a start. Lovely bike and engine to drive ones you break it in.

The air cooled boxers from Bmw have been around for a long time and they are bulletproof, when maintained correctly

Except in case of oil starvations, the cam chains wear very slightly so when serviced well they will run the length of the engine.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have owned a 2013 1200 GSA which basically has the same engine (1200 air cooled) and used it for commuting 1000km a week. Summer and winter. Never mist a beat, never skipped a start. Lovely bike and engine to drive ones you break it in.

The air cooled boxers from Bmw have been around for a long time and they are bulletproof, when maintained correctly

Except in case of oil starvations, the cam chains wear very slightly so when serviced well they will run the length of the engine.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk
That is what I was hoping to hear. I did notice the bmw boxers go back many years. That is one thing that attracted me to the bmw and also the cam chain vs belt. Plus the looks of the urban gs is right on par for what I as m after. They also have one of the largest alternators I have seen on a bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello,

New rider here, I have already opened a thread and apologize if I should have just asked in here.

I picked up my 19 scrambler from the shop yesterday and when I was on my way out the mechanic told me to check the oil every time I fill up the gas. Today, I went through the owner's manual but saw a reference to checking the oil once every 3 times... but anyways what am I looking for? Just checking the oil levels are in between min and max or is there something special to be wary of during the first few hundreds of miles?

Thanks!

·
Registered
970 Posts
Blitz
Well Fmdual you were absolutely right. I am very happy with the dual electrics. They sound just like an automobile or small truck. Got my moneys worth today on the highway. SUV wasn’t looking for Motos (as is to be expected) started into my lane so I gave them a solid blast and you should have seen him wake up. He will ..from now on ..treat a lane change with a completely renewed focus. I like these horns very much. I’m thinking of making bug catchers or defelectors out of window screen and artfully putting them over the horn trumpets. If that doesn’t work out I will definitely tilt them towards the ground. StayUpOn2 my friend Fmdualexhaust

·
Registered
2018 R Nine T Racer
199 Posts
Hello,

New rider here, I have already opened a thread and apologize if I should have just asked in here.

I picked up my 19 scrambler from the shop yesterday and when I was on my way out the mechanic told me to check the oil every time I fill up the gas. Today, I went through the owner's manual but saw a reference to checking the oil once every 3 times... but anyways what am I looking for? Just checking the oil levels are in between min and max or is there something special to be wary of during the first few hundreds of miles?

Thanks!
Here you go. A whole thread on checking oil :)

Checking Oil

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

281 - 300 of 322 Posts