BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Premium Member
1,006 Posts
I'm starting this thread for anyone to share photos of their bike in one place.

I'll start off with my first day with the nineT but plan on adding more photos of my time with it and hope more will join in.
All these individual threads with people's first photos will fade away, post up the photos here too and we'll have a photo history of our bikes from the start.

Take your camera with you, and get some shots to share!

Get in the photo and show your mug as well!

First photos, before and after customization photos, where have you been on your nineT photos, stupid things you did in your nineT photos, etc, etc etc.

It's all about images here. Positive comments or questions are welcome, of course, but let's try to keep this on track of being the owner's photo thread.

Cheers!

Finn

· Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BMW states in the owners manual to "choose curvy, slightly hilly sections of road if possible" during break in.

Who am I to argue? :D

Great photos zugvogel and AZ9T, now that's what I'm talking about!

Keep em coming, and I'll see you in the morning zugvogel at the rock store, be there around 9:30.

Supertramp, that's another fellow who lives nearby with a 9T, he was first on the list at the same dealer as I.

· Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Was a great second full day with the bike, started out with coffee on the coast with my favorite riding partner, then a full day of riding after a fun meet up at the local bike spot with zugvogel and Bonkorama!
My bike is done with the break in period with first service completed this evening, I'm really looking forward to having free reign with the wrist now. It just keep getting better...

Bonkarama with his new bike, looking good and great to meet you.

And ditto to zugvogel, that special silver bike sure did steal your thunder!

Jay Leno liked the 9T!

And a few photos from a tough day working hard to get my bike broke in properly, according BMW suggestions on curvy and hilly roads! From sea level to 7500' with temps swings throughout the day from 40º to 90ºF.
Perfect.

· Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Lost, I like the small box you attached behind the seat. What's the set-up? Also, is it big enough to take rain gear and a small tool kit?

Thank you!

That box is a HPRC 2200 case, I doubt it will hold rain gear but tools no problem.
I have a wide variety of these cases and you'll see different ones mounted on my bike at different times. Look up HPRC and figure out what size you need, makes for an everything-proof tail box that I don't think looks out of place on the 9T at all... sometimes function over fashion takes precedence. ;)
It's mounted using bolts that go into the threaded bits that hold the tail section to the subframe. Very sturdy, easy to remove and I can get my seat off still with it on.

· Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I have the official pricey BMW soft luggage on my Nine T. Just like the bike, it looks way better in person than in pictures. And the build quality, hardware and functionality are all very nice. It is expandable to a ridiculous amount and cinches down very small when empty. I'm very pleased with it and think I made the right choice.

I really like the looks of those BMW bags, would love to see more photos and hear how they work out.

I started a Packing Up the NineT thread here if you could add to it. :D

http://www.ninetowners.com/forum/accessories-gear/49530-packing-up-ninet-thread.html

· Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 · (Edited)
Last weekend was the advrider.com Death Valley n00bs Rally, on one of the group rides I lead the nineT proved to be a great gravel road adventure bike. :D

These are from Titus Canyon, one of the most scenic rides in the park where we climbed 6000' then dropped down into the slot canyon. No motor needed for the 5 mile decent, just coasted on down.

Artists Drive.

· Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
That's really great frank, what a way to take delivery!
Kudos to Euro Cycles of Tampa Bay for making your first ride a celebration and producing the video.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts