BMW NineT Forum banner

2141 - 2160 of 2169 Posts

·
Premium Member
507 Posts
Stolen from Gravel Lane, City of London EC1 on the 28th April, keep an eye out please guys and girls.
Just saw where it was stolen from - I did some work at Beaufort House a while back and would have thought that Gravel Lane was pretty safe... clearly, I'd have been wrong!

On the subject of people not intervening (your other post refers) it's not always as straightforward as it seems. I witnessed a bike theft a few years back - six guys on three scooters, all very large and all armed with iron bars and hammers. Three of them stood around me with weapons raised, and I decided I wasn't going to leave my kids without a father trying to save the insured bike of someone I didn't even know. Sadly, that can often be the reality.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Stolen from Gravel Lane, City of London EC1 on the 28th April, keep an eye out please guys and girls.
Beautiful exhibit # 1. Sorry about your loss!
Theoretically customised bikes should be easier to spot and therefore less desirable for miscreants. Sadly, they steal it anyway!

·
Super Moderator
2014 BMW R NineT (Classic)
10,954 Posts
That's one way to get around the lack of a centre stand! ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi RSW15, very nice bike. I'm just curious about that black little piece you riders have in your motorcycles, usually installed in the mirror or near the clutch lever, with a cable plugged to it. What is it?
Hello @Oiertxu, that piece is the antena for the "electronic toll collecting System". Here in Japan, the highways are charged. Usually this "kit" is an option part when you buy a car or motorcycle but BMW Motorrad Japan sells all their bikes with this "kit" as default. the main "box" that you plug in the card is under the front seat.

·
Registered
15'NineT
12 Posts
Hello @Oiertxu, that piece is the antena for the "electronic toll collecting System". Here in Japan, the highways are charged. Usually this "kit" is an option part when you buy a car or motorcycle but BMW Motorrad Japan sells all their bikes with this "kit" as default. the main "box" that you plug in the card is under the front seat.
Ok, understood, thank you very much for your response😉

2141 - 2160 of 2169 Posts