BMW NineT Forum banner

2201 - 2220 of 2276 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 r nineT Racer
13 Posts
I like the look of your spotlights on the front. They just for extra light? wildlife?
If by wildlife, you mean idiot drivers who don’t check their mirrors, then yes lol. But yeah, main reason was extra light. It is a LOT extra though, hah. I can’t go full flood. They’ll blind oncoming traffic. They are Clearwater’s. I’m a lot less inconspicuous

·
Registered
R Nine T Racer, 2017
15 Posts
If by wildlife, you mean idiot drivers who don’t check their mirrors, then yes lol. But yeah, main reason was extra light. It is a LOT extra though, hah. I can’t go full flood. They’ll blind oncoming traffic. They are Clearwater’s. I’m a lot less inconspicuous
Cars have mirrors?! Well they look great. Cant ever be too visible .

·
Registered
178 Posts
Fun of riding and flying back to back. Awesome day!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello, did you have to remove the canister with Unit Garage Exhaust? My Unit Garage Hi Titanium single outlet for my Racer should be here this coming tuesday

·
Registered
301 Posts
I’ve never quite understood why people describe the NineT line as “retro”. They’re essentially naked, have round headlights, and aren’t plastic angry insects. But really they’re just standard bikes. The only thing retro about them is that the engines go back ten or fifteen years depending on your math. But that’s not much compared to some of the bikes out there.

I ran into a friend the other night on his late 60’s V7. In comparison my somewhat dorky bike looked like a rocketship from the future.
FAB7957B-DB98-41F9-93DE-77EF6C6EA999.jpeg

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
I’ve never quite understood why people describe the NineT line as “retro”. They’re essentially naked, have round headlights, and aren’t plastic angry insects. But really they’re just standard bikes. The only thing retro about them is that the engines go back ten or fifteen years depending on your math. But that’s not much compared to some of the bikes out there.

I ran into a friend the other night on his late 60’s V7. In comparison my somewhat dorky bike looked like a rocketship from the future. View attachment 133320
For me, the retro tag was mostly about having a throttle cable rather than electronic sensors and riding modes. Last of the “big” bmw bikes like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
R1200R (2013)
23 Posts
Took some detail photos of the Racer...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
That one is awesome!!! But all the others are great, very nice!

Reactions: EtienneDP

·
Registered
49 Posts
Monday June 22nd went for a 300km roundtrip north of Madrid. Escaping the city heat and running in the new rear tire. Enjoyed some very nice roads near the Pantano del Atazar + some shade on a random off-road track. Great inspiration from all you guys here on a couple of next modifications.

IMG_0841.JPG
IMG_6340.JPG IMG_0841.JPG Screenshot 2020-06-24 at 15.51.41.png

·
Registered
R1200R (2013)
23 Posts
Wow, looks hot, but I bet satisfaction made it well bearable ;-)

2201 - 2220 of 2276 Posts