BMW NineT Forum banner

2361 - 2380 of 2410 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
how’s the vibration factor with the givi windscreen. Much buzzing or is it firm without noise?
Firm up to very illegal speeds. No buzzing.
l’m not tolerant of that kind of stuff. It contacts the original screen at 2 points where I added 2 clear plastic “bumpers” to avoid scratches. The install applies gentle but firm downward pressure there (so even the shaky original screen is solid).
using the RAM mounts on the bar (required because the bar is too thick for the Givi parts) gives a solid base.
Removes in a couple of minutes. I think I’ve logged over 8000kms with it in place.

·
Registered
2017 RNINET
163 Posts
When do you stop riding for year? When I lived in city I would ride until Nov. 1 unless snow and ice. Now I must be getting old because I don't like 50's for riding very far. It was 37 degrees her in northern Michigan this morning with heavy frost.

·
Registered
2020 R Nine T Pure
46 Posts
All up to Old Man Winter. The weather in Northern New England can be chaotic. We can have a nice Indian Summer in November, or 28" snowfall on Halloween like 5 or so years back. Mid day rides on day/s off is best this time of year with the shortened daylight hours.

·
Registered
2017 RNINET
163 Posts
There is nothing like riding in the fall season around these northern parts of country. All the color is beautiful, I really enjoy the red maple leaves in front of the green spruce, yellow poplar and brown oaks. It is truly my favorite time to ride as long as it's not too cold.

2361 - 2380 of 2410 Posts