BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
2741 - 2760 of 2769 Posts

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
I wish.... We vacation in Brevard, Franklin and Waynesville. Like everyone and their brother, we are looking for a house in the area but gotta wait for that market to cool off a bit.
View attachment 149341
Looking at this picture, you'd think it was somewhere of the coast of California...some guy even swore up and down I was lying to him and that he "recognized the rock on the PCH" :LOL:

Whenever you're back in the area, hit me up!!!

·
Registered
2018 R1200RT - 2015 RNineT
284 Posts
Looking at this picture, you'd think it was somewhere of the coast of California...some guy even swore up and down I was lying to him and that he "recognized the rock on the PCH" :LOL:

Whenever you're back in the area, hit me up!!!
Will do, we have a house booked in Waynesville for 2 weeks in June but I'll probably trailer my R12RT up as my wife likes to ride with me.

·
Registered
2021 BMW R NineT Scrambler
194 Posts
Bean and I wanted to finish the year the way you should, on a nice ride to the hills.
Vehicle Speedometer Odometer Motor vehicle Gauge
Even though it was a bit chilly...

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Still so worth it...
Plant Water Bicycle handlebar Motor vehicle Vehicle

Plant Branch Wood Bedrock Natural landscape

Snow didn't stop us but this did.
Plant Plant community Natural environment Bedrock Slope

Plant Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

So that is how you end the year, can't wait to see how we start the year.
Cheers to all,
Bean

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Some more pics off the phone. Top pic with the super moto was a 450 mile ride, stopping every ~65 miles to get gas 😂. Other pics were taken on Christmas Day headed out to meet a friend and his family.

Wheel Tire Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

Roads were scary slick starting out cause I got on the road early, but the roads in that area are soooo fun…empty as well because it was Christmas Day.😍
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Plant

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Motorcycle

Plant Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Plant Fuel tank Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Sky

Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Plant

·
Registered
21 R9T
178 Posts
The neighborhood looks like it need waking up anyway. With the single clock you might be able to fit an Urban wind deflector, someone had a carbon one for sale here.

·
Registered
2021 Scrambler
125 Posts
I was mostly looking for a nice bike for a ride in the hills with maybe 30% on unsealed roads and tracks.... with enjoyment all about 50% the ride and 50% the country.... whilst doing some photography (birds mostly)..... anyway this is what I ended up with.... I'm not into bright and flashy.

20220102_095841.jpg by Noel Leahy, on Flickr

_KP_3596.jpg by Noel Leahy, on Flickr

Quite perfect for me so far.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I guess it is only fair to end the year on a nice ride, which I did, see above, however, if you end the year on a nice ride you need to start the year on a nice ride...RIGHT...
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Motorcycle

So we did, Bean and I went out with some of the best ADV riders around, all on their amazingly large rides, and played cat and mouse through the wine country in northern California. Thing is, only some of it was on roads.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle

Plant Sky Plant community Natural environment Mountain

What a great day to start out the new year. Except maybe when you get stuck in the frozen mud.

Water Plant community Natural landscape Plant Grass

No worries though, we made it out.

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Fuel tank Vehicle

Now it's time for lunch.
Cheers and a good year to all.
~Bean

·
Registered
194 Posts
Okay other than a couple of well-earned and proud battle scars, a garden's worth of dirt and mud, Bean is back to her shining glory. Here are the before and afters, mind you the before you are looking at is after a series of creek crossings that got the big chunks off and a 3-hour road ride back.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Did I mention the part about two pounds of wax, half a bottle of spray-on, and four hours of scrubbing and numerous cuts and scrapes? Still worth it.
Cheers,
~Bean

·
Premium Member
2017 Roadster
490 Posts
View attachment 149993

Did I mention the part about two pounds of wax, half a bottle of spray-on, and four hours of scrubbing and numerous cuts and scrapes? Still worth it.
Cheers,
~Bean
There was me thinking how good it was to finally see a nice dirty used bike rather than just another garage dweller. And then you do this.....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: The Bean
2741 - 2760 of 2769 Posts