BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
2761 - 2769 of 2769 Posts

·
Registered
2021 BMW R NineT Scrambler
194 Posts
So after crashing and thrashing about in the snow I ask was it worth it???

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting

Oh heck ya...
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Plant Snow

Are we going to do it again? Most likely...

Wheel Tire Sky Fuel tank Mountain

Just saying...
Cheers,
~Bean

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hey Clarkson... welp, I'm a bit of a bonehead in that regard but I am improving. Recently I sold my soul and purchased a Klim Kodiak jacket, well not really, my soul isn't worth that much...I just didn't eat lunch for a long while. It does a really good job of keeping me warm on this kind of ride.

I generally wear a long-sleeved work shirt and flannel-lined pants with it. On the really cold rides, I have a somewhat leaky bunny suit that is great and Santa Brother gave me some BMW boots that keep my feet warm and dry, a definite 'step'... up from the sneakers I used to wear.
You can't see what I am wearing here but you may have a good laugh with the below video.

Cheers,
~Bean

• Wow
Reactions: PhilS

·
Registered
415 Posts
Hey Clarkson... welp, I'm a bit of a bonehead in that regard but I am improving. Recently I sold my soul and purchased a Klim Kodiak jacket, well not really, my soul isn't worth that much...I just didn't eat lunch for a long while. It does a really good job of keeping me warm on this kind of ride.

I generally wear a long-sleeved work shirt and flannel-lined pants with it. On the really cold rides, I have a somewhat leaky bunny suit that is great and Santa Brother gave me some BMW boots that keep my feet warm and dry, a definite 'step'... up from the sneakers I used to wear.
You can't see what I am wearing here but you may have a good laugh with the below video.

Cheers,
~Bean
Thanks, @The Bean The Klim does cost an eye and a kidney (comparable to Aerostich prices and wondering which is better). The video did make me laugh (sorry!) and I think you did manage to convince me to get a GroPro cam! Perhaps I will make you laugh soon.... :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks, @The Bean The Klim does cost an eye and a kidney (comparable to Aerostich prices and wondering which is better). The video did make me laugh (sorry!) and I think you did manage to convince me to get a GroPro cam! Perhaps I will make you laugh soon... :ROFLMAO:
Clarkson,
Love my Klim jacket, don't miss my kidney too much... I will tell you though it has taken a bit to get used to the weight of the jacket. With all the protection, a plus, it does make movement a bit constricted, a minus. The way I ride I move around a lot so I had to adjust my style for the jacket and boots (I needed to raise my shift lever a notch or two and change how I position myself in the turns).

My brother has an Aerostich full suit that he absolutely loves and he is a serious GSA rider riding rain or shine every day. He found his on eBay and got a good deal on the suit which is what I would recommend if you are serious about foul weather riding. Otherwise, I would go with the First Gear 'bunny' suit which I wear for the really cold rides I do.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Snow Light

Now to the GoPro, I really don't like it. Okay there I said it, but in reality, it is a love-hate affair because I do get some nice videos, however, it takes a lot of work to do it. I'm getting better at it, but things like remembering to wipe off the lens, turning it on and off at the right times, changing the battery/memory card before you miss something good take some thought and planning. All that and then the editing, so my hat is off to the people that make some of those amazing videos you see elsewhere.

I plan on getting a Skydio 2 drone in the future because you can get some really awesome videos with them, however, they are very pricey so for now, I will stick to my Hero 9. So here is another little sample: Terrified and loving it, snow, ice, shadows.

Cheers and safe riding,
~Bean

·
Registered
415 Posts
Clarkson,
Love my Klim jacket, don't miss my kidney too much... I will tell you though it has taken a bit to get used to the weight of the jacket. With all the protection, a plus, it does make movement a bit constricted, a minus. The way I ride I move around a lot so I had to adjust my style for the jacket and boots (I needed to raise my shift lever a notch or two and change how I position myself in the turns).

My brother has an Aerostich full suit that he absolutely loves and he is a serious GSA rider riding rain or shine every day. He found his on eBay and got a good deal on the suit which is what I would recommend if you are serious about foul weather riding. Otherwise, I would go with the First Gear 'bunny' suit which I wear for the really cold rides I do.

Now to the GoPro, I really don't like it. Okay there I said it, but in reality, it is a love-hate affair because I do get some nice videos, however, it takes a lot of work to do it. I'm getting better at it, but things like remembering to wipe off the lens, turning it on and off at the right times, changing the battery/memory card before you miss something good take some thought and planning. All that and then the editing, so my hat is off to the people that make some of those amazing videos you see elsewhere.

I plan on getting a Skydio 2 drone in the future because you can get some really awesome videos with them, however, they are very pricey so for now, I will stick to my Hero 9. So here is another little sample: Terrified and loving it, snow, ice, shadows.

Cheers and safe riding,
~Bean
Thank you for the feedback, @The Bean
I might part with said kidney and get a suit. It does bother me to hibernate the bike every winter, and a proper suit should allow me to enjoy the 9T for longer. Thank you also for your take on the GoPro. TBH, I did not put much thought into pre and post shooting tasks needed to get some fun videos 🤪.

·
Registered
2022 R NineT Scrambler
24 Posts
Clarkson,

Cheers and safe riding,
~Bean
I’d chime in to say , if you think a GoPro is a pain to maintain and operate, don’t go flying drones , especially if there’s people/vehicles around they’re potentially flying GoPro projectiles .

·
Registered
120 Posts
I’d chime in to say , if you think a GoPro is a pain to maintain and operate
A couple of years back I spent about $500 on a GoPro Black something or another. Got some fantastic footage, clear sharp vid and stills. Posted to YouTube for a few friends and was so disappointed with the degradation of quality when sharing I never used it again. It's someplace on a dusty shelve in my workshop.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Good point Steffrock about collateral damage. My brother has the Skydio and it is an AI-powered drone that has proven itself safe, although many things can still happen if you are not careful. Most of my riding where I would use a drone is in the backcountry and the GoPro is firmly attached to Bean.

I use my video on my web page stories and I am getting better at it so I am including more of them, which is why I look forward to getting a Skydio. You can see some of my attempts on Bean Doing That - Bean Doing That… .

So again, thanks and safe riding to you,
~Bean

2761 - 2769 of 2769 Posts