BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
41 - 60 of 2984 Posts

· Premium Member
2,312 Posts
Thanks - I'm trolling websites, looking for those spiked tires the Fins use for riding around in circles on frozen lakes!:D At this rate, it may be June before we thaw out up here!
I ran from Milwaukee up to Menominee, MI on the R1200R last Friday, and then on Saturday to Nick's BMW (now Tytlers's) in DePere. My folks still have a good three feet in their yard...

I'm half Fin, so it doesn't bother me. As long as the pavement is dry. :)

Congrats again, hope to see you out there!

· Registered
64 Posts
DePere?

I ran from Milwaukee up to Menominee, MI on the R1200R last Friday, and then on Saturday to Nick's BMW (now Tytlers's) in DePere. My folks still have a good three feet in their yard...

I'm half Fin, so it doesn't bother me. As long as the pavement is dry. :)

Congrats again, hope to see you out there!
Good for You! Likewise.
What do you think of the dealership in DePere? I know they've changed hands. They'd be my closest for service; 220 miles round trip would be rideable. Riding or trailering to Beaver Dam would be more of a hassle (400 miles round trip). Thanks.

· Premium Member
2,312 Posts
Good for You! Likewise.
What do you think of the dealership in DePere? I know they've changed hands. They'd be my closest for service; 220 miles round trip would be rideable. Riding or trailering to Beaver Dam would be more of a hassle (400 miles round trip). Thanks.
I like Nick's/Tytler's very much. I'd always purchased from Southeast Sales in Milwaukee, but they sold the BMW/Triumph business to Schlosslman's (a local car dealer) and I took my business to Nick's. I've been extremely happy with their sales and service departments, and it's the kinda place you can stop in and shoot the breeze. It's also conveniently on my way to Menominee, where I spend a lot of time anyway. The new owner has some pretty big plans for the shop, and the money to do it. He owns his own retirement planning firm. They've added Indian and Ducati to their line-up and are in the process of expanding their showroom. Time will tell if this will be an improvement. I like smaller shops, but the new owner is a pretty hardcore motorcycle enthusiast. His company sponsored Dakar riders 11 years in row, and he's a rider and race enthusiast. I talked to him for a good 45mins on Saturday and he seems like a really nice fellow with a sincere desire to make it the best BMW location in the state.

· Registered
249 Posts
Sadly, couldn't bring it home. Still too much ice and snow up here in the Northwoods to even think about riding. I'll trailer it in a few weeks. I did manage to get a small "fix", riding up and down the frontage road at the dealership. That will have to last for a while :cool:. Fantastic bike! I hadn't appreciated how great the metallic paint finish looks when I saw it for the first time at the Progressive show in Minneapolis.
nice bike Sir :)

· Premium Member
1,248 Posts
agree with Bose, black & white & black & white & black & white .... it all turns grey after looking at it for a while. The golden forks contrast nicely, are eye catching and prevent the bike from fading into the (already too busy black & white) bike background.
imho, golden forks were the right choice by its makers. Love it! :cool:

· Registered
513 Posts
Since my 9T is not delivered yet I grabbed the Supermotard today and hung out with the guys at a street cafe in the city. :cool:

Reactions: slr

· Registered
779 Posts
Since my 9T is not delivered yet I grabbed the Supermotard today and hung out with the guys at a street cafe in the city. :cool:
Looks much nicer there than where I am today.

I had counted on finishing up my break-in miles today based on a weather forecast from late last week. As usual, the weather service was off by at least a day.

Oh well, the service department at my dealership was all booked up for the week, so I'll finish out the miles in dribs and drabs after work over the next several day once the sun comes out.

With the temperatures as cool as they have been, my service manager said it wouldn't hurt to run the break-in period to as much as 700 or 800 miles.

· Registered
513 Posts
@mikeo
We (gf & I) traveled your beautiful state back in 2007, nothing but nice memories. We spend a couple of days in the Outer Banks, so beautiful! Kill Devil Hills, Cape Hatteras, Ocracoke... then Myrtle Beach, Charleston and Hilton Head Island SC... I want to go back! :)

Reactions: ian and mikeo
41 - 60 of 2984 Posts