BMW NineT Forum banner

The NineT Owners Bike's Photo Thread

1M views 3K replies 853 participants last post by  exc911ence 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'm starting this thread for anyone to share photos of their bike in one place.

I'll start off with my first day with the nineT but plan on adding more photos of my time with it and hope more will join in.
All these individual threads with people's first photos will fade away, post up the photos here too and we'll have a photo history of our bikes from the start.

Take your camera with you, and get some shots to share!

Get in the photo and show your mug as well!

First photos, before and after customization photos, where have you been on your nineT photos, stupid things you did in your nineT photos, etc, etc etc.

It's all about images here. Positive comments or questions are welcome, of course, but let's try to keep this on track of being the owner's photo thread.

Cheers!

Finn

See less See more
#12 ·
BMW states in the owners manual to "choose curvy, slightly hilly sections of road if possible" during break in.

Who am I to argue? :D

Great photos zugvogel and AZ9T, now that's what I'm talking about!

Keep em coming, and I'll see you in the morning zugvogel at the rock store, be there around 9:30.

Supertramp, that's another fellow who lives nearby with a 9T, he was first on the list at the same dealer as I.

#13 · (Edited)
There's a new horse in the barn!

Brought her home on Friday. Took her out for a quick 30-mi ride in 30-deg Chicago temps (winter, you're free to leave anytime now!) and absolutely loved it. I love my RT, but the NineT is special: velvety smooth engine but with a noticeable kick and impressive power; easy to lean and throw about; and naked as jail-bird. I think I've found my all-round city bike. And what everyone is saying is true: the craftsmanship, fit and finish really on this bike is impeccable; photos don't do it justice.

Steve Jobs once said:
"Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains."​

I'm thinking the NineT moves mountains. :D

#17 ·
was trying to find a nice nest for it in the corner of my place, but it kinda works to leave it in the middle of my home.

i need to give a big shout out to Colton and the guys at Cal Moto in Livermore, CA for being awesome and tolerating me and my many inquiries in the days leading up to my bike's arrival. thanks guys!

did a mini tour of the twisties in the bay area after i picked her up yesterday, from skyline blvd in the oakland hills to the marin headlands and back. the bike feels amazingly light and agile compared to my 2003 GS. can't wait to take her out again after this post.

#18 · (Edited)
Was a great second full day with the bike, started out with coffee on the coast with my favorite riding partner, then a full day of riding after a fun meet up at the local bike spot with zugvogel and Bonkorama!
My bike is done with the break in period with first service completed this evening, I'm really looking forward to having free reign with the wrist now. It just keep getting better...

Bonkarama with his new bike, looking good and great to meet you.

And ditto to zugvogel, that special silver bike sure did steal your thunder!

Jay Leno liked the 9T!

And a few photos from a tough day working hard to get my bike broke in properly, according BMW suggestions on curvy and hilly roads! From sea level to 7500' with temps swings throughout the day from 40º to 90ºF.
Perfect.

#19 ·
Was awesome meeting you guys in person too. Can't wait to get the 600 miles behind me.

Next time hopefully ill have the entire day as mine!

Those are great pics above, and your favorite riding partner sure looks happy!

Looking forward to our next meet up.

#26 ·
Thank you!

That box is a HPRC 2200 case, I doubt it will hold rain gear but tools no problem.
I have a wide variety of these cases and you'll see different ones mounted on my bike at different times. Look up HPRC and figure out what size you need, makes for an everything-proof tail box that I don't think looks out of place on the 9T at all... sometimes function over fashion takes precedence. ;)
It's mounted using bolts that go into the threaded bits that hold the tail section to the subframe. Very sturdy, easy to remove and I can get my seat off still with it on.