BMW NineT Forum banner

161 - 163 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Just did my first two up ride with the wife. R1 w/ HPA. Added six full turns of preload to accommodate for passenger weight. Actually performed better, especially on the heaves and sharp bumps than solo. And the entire two up experience overall was way better than I’d expected. I dreaded it but it went quite well. Well enough to not have to make the hard decisions on keeping or selling.

·
Registered
RNineT 2017
32 Posts
Now the summer is over it's time to make some upgrades. Rear shock is top of the list and I'm seriously considering pushing the button on the Nitron NTR R2. I'd like your opinion on my set up and as to whether the 'stock' R2 is the right choice. I never take pillions and never do track days (I love her too much), so was thinking I don't need the major customisation of the R3 or Pro. It's another reason why I don't think I'd use the HPA. Am I right in this assumption? So stock R2 for single rider who doesn't track day... push the button, or is there a better option?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I had the same thought process - no pillion, no touring, no trackdays, so went with the basic (R1?) and Nitron's cartridges. Don't regret it.

161 - 163 of 163 Posts