BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 BMW R NineT Scrambler
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Bean Adventures - No Fooling Ride

Wellll, I'm not sure how this is going to go over but I thought I would give it a spin and see if it twirls... Bean and I are coming up on our one-year anniversary and I wanted to share just one of my rides with you all because it was so scenic. I ride quite often solo, that is without anybody around me, however, when I do go out with another rider or group of riders it is typically my friend Matt with his GSA 1250, my bro Cory with his GSA 1250, my son with HIS GSA 1200... yup, everybody that I seem to ride with has adventure bikes.

In our travels with these friends, Bean and I have covered some amazing ground. So I wanted to share one of my rides which I call the No Fooling Ride because we went out on April 1st. I am usually the cameraman and Matt is usually out front because of his amazing mapping/planning abilities. If this works out and I have got the video in here correctly I will post more along with some still shots. Hopefully, my video skills will improve and I now have a drone so bear with me...

As always, kind regards,
~Bean

·
Registered
2015 R nineT
96 Posts
Wow, Bean! You are a great video editor. It's very well done and enjoyable to watch. I like the sped up parts a lot. Dog in the road! Crazy music, and who doesn't love Bugs Bunny?

Ride on!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello All,

I'm going to try this again with another video that I put together from a ride that my son and the 'un'usual cast of charactors went on. However, this time I am going to try to get it in the window here so you can see what you are getting into... What I am attempting is to have the video like the how it is displayed above and on others that I have seen posted.

I am slowly building my video library to share but stil don't have it down yet so once again bear with me on this...

Kind regards,
~Bean

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello All,

I'm going to try this again with another video that I put together from a ride that my son and the 'un'usual cast of charactors went on. However, this time I am going to try to get it in the window here so you can see what you are getting into... What I am attempting is to have the video like the how it is displayed above and on others that I have seen posted.

I am slowly building my video library to share but stil don't have it down yet so once again bear with me on this...

Kind regards,
~Bean
Dang, so close... I guess I'll just keep trying.

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
The Bean Adventures - No Fooling Ride

Wellll, I'm not sure how this is going to go over but I thought I would give it a spin and see if it twirls... Bean and I are coming up on our one-year anniversary and I wanted to share just one of my rides with you all because it was so scenic. I ride quite often solo, that is without anybody around me, however, when I do go out with another rider or group of riders it is typically my friend Matt with his GSA 1250, my bro Cory with his GSA 1250, my son with HIS GSA 1200... yup, everybody that I seem to ride with has adventure bikes.

In our travels with these friends, Bean and I have covered some amazing ground. So I wanted to share one of my rides which I call the No Fooling Ride because we went out on April 1st. I am usually the cameraman and Matt is usually out front because of his amazing mapping/planning abilities. If this works out and I have got the video in here correctly I will post more along with some still shots. Hopefully, my video skills will improve and I now have a drone so bear with me...

As always, kind regards,
~Bean
Yo-yo that’s some good music to bike by …. Thanks for sharing …. Gotta Love that Bean ……..Blitz

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
By now some may wonder, Bean how and why do you seem to get yourself in so deep with your riding? Welp, one reason is I like it, another reason is the caliber of people that I ride with, which is not to say I am as good but I do manage to keep up....most of the time. So not to brag, yes I am too, one of the guys I ride with just made the news here in Cycle World magazine:

Three riders were chosen for the USA men’s team out of two regional qualifiers. Cory Call and Jim Duplease rose to the top at the West Coast qualifier; Ben Phaup led the field in the east. BMW’s GS Trophy, the worldwide motorcycling competition for those skilled and enthusiastic enough to qualify, kicks off its 2022 edition this September 4 in Albania. This year 16 three-man teams and six two-woman teams will compete in riding and teamwork tests over seven days in the wilds of Eastern Europe.

Yup, the guy in this picture below is Cory, he is the guy on the GSA just in front of Bean and me. In the video, Shenandoah Valley Ride, it is Cory's drone that captured the aerial video shots, well at least until we managed to crash it into some trees.
Cloud Tire Land vehicle Wheel Sky

Here is one of the rare times Bean and I are out in front:
Tire Wheel Cloud Land vehicle Sky

Good luck in Albania Cory. Kick ass and take numbers...
Cloud Tire Sky Wheel Land vehicle

Team USA, GS Trophy 2022. from Cycle World: Jon Beck​
So the moral of this story is if you want to get good, or crazy, ride with someone better, or crazier... :ROFLMAO:

As always kind regards,
~Bean

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
By now some may wonder, Bean how and why do you seem to get yourself in so deep with your riding? Welp, one reason is I like it, another reason is the caliber of people that I ride with, which is not to say I am as good but I do manage to keep up....most of the time. So not to brag, yes I am too, one of the guys I ride with just made the news here in Cycle World magazine:

Three riders were chosen for the USA men’s team out of two regional qualifiers. Cory Call and Jim Duplease rose to the top at the West Coast qualifier; Ben Phaup led the field in the east. BMW’s GS Trophy, the worldwide motorcycling competition for those skilled and enthusiastic enough to qualify, kicks off its 2022 edition this September 4 in Albania. This year 16 three-man teams and six two-woman teams will compete in riding and teamwork tests over seven days in the wilds of Eastern Europe.

Yup, the guy in this picture below is Cory, he is the guy on the GSA just in front of Bean and me. In the video, Shenandoah Valley Ride, it is Cory's drone that captured the aerial video shots, well at least until we managed to crash it into some trees.
Here is one of the rare times Bean and I are out in front:
View attachment 156874
Good luck in Albania Cory. Kick ass and take numbers...
View attachment 156875
Team USA, GS Trophy 2022. from Cycle World: Jon Beck​
So the moral of this story is if you want to get good, or crazy, ride with someone better, or crazier... :ROFLMAO:

As always kind regards,
~Bean
Thanks for the inside perspective Bean …. I’m hooked and I’ll follow …. BeWell & StayUpOn2 ……Blitz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts