BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard from my dealer the other day that BMW have now ceased production of the Racer.
The only one's available new now are those left in dealers showrooms.
They can no longer be ordered from the factory.
It's been a poor seller for BMW and I understand the financial reasoning behind this decision, but on the plus side, it's great news for owners.
Inadvertently we've ended up with what is effectively a limited production run, and an exclusive rare bike.
I'll definitely be keeping hold of mine now after hearing this.

· Registered
88 Posts
Well I've got mine so no problem.
Hp2 sport / r1200s and racer are for me personally proper bmw's.
Read owners views on is water cooled model and he said it was obviously better in ALL departments but felt like a kitchen appliance and the engine looks like a hydraulic pump from a piece of plant machinery.
Short production run not a problem.

· Registered
55 Posts
Im so glad i got mine . Had no plans to sell it anyway , but glad it should appreciate so one day grandkids can have happy thoughts of me when they sell it .
When i saw it on the floor at Motorrad i made plans to get it , without even riding it . They just look perfect for me .

· Banned
660 Posts
Inadvertently we've ended up with what is effectively a limited production run, and an exclusive rare bike.
I'll definitely be keeping hold of mine now after hearing this.
Ahh the irony.....

The original year classic was meant to be a limited edition bike..... until BMW saw how popular it was and what a cash cow it would be for them...

Now one of the spin off bikes that isn't popular and it's going to end up being the limited edition one...... LOL

Reactions: BaldyDave

· Registered
609 Posts
I would probably go into debt for a R NineT Racer M Edition. Or just a standard/roadster m-edition with fancy suspension and nothing else but an M badge on every surface. I mean, if they're making M edition SUVs why not a M hipster bike?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts