BMW NineT Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Major bummer! I'm having trouble with those images. Please post up the Touratech part number that you think would be the best.
01-045-5316-0 is the part number for the Touratech *Works* long-distance foot pegs, low for BMW R1200GS from 2013/ BMW R1200GS Adventure from 2014.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Touratech Works Foot Pegs

I ordered Touratech foot pegs last week.

I first ordered the ones common to a majority of BMWs (01-044-5316-0).

When I checked the parts catalog on Max BMW, I saw that the R NineT Scrambler and Urban GS share the same foot pegs as are on the water-cooled GSs.

So I change my order before to the water-cooled ones (01-045-5315-0).

Today, I got my foot pegs today.

And I am disappointed to tell you that they don't fit.

The bracket is more than 1 mm too "tall" to fit the foot peg bracket on the bike.

Before I shave down the foot peg, I have asked Touratech for the measurement of the other foot peg.

I hope the other ones are also the correct angle.

Will update when I know.

·
Registered
16 Posts
G'Day,

I fitted the BMW Enduro front pegs from my GSA LC (2014) model. They were 1mm to tall which I filed off from the top of the peg mount. I also had to remove a bit on the back where the footpeg rests against the peg-mount to accommodate the 1mm protrusion on the inside. The angle is perfect. I also used the springs from the GSA, the OEM Urban ones don't fit in.

I have tested them for two weeks now and they will stay on the bike. I really like them much better than the stock ones.

I include a few pics. I will take better ones over the weekend and post them if interested.

The part numbers are:
Left Peg: 46718529843
Right Peg: 46718529844

Cheers

Pete

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Touratech Works Foot Pegs Installed

Well, after Touratech Sweden told me they wouldn't take back the pegs I ordered because I had "attempted installation," I performed the necessary modifications to make them fit.

The world is definitely a better place because of angle grinders.​

Here are some pics of the pegs installed.

I'm not too fond of the fact that they shiny. Probably will remove them in the future and bead blast them.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm not too fond of the fact that they shiny. Probably will remove them in the future and bead blast them.

Those look great! I know where my next mod money will be spent. Thanks for gathering the part number and battling through installation. :eusa_clap:

How noticeable is the drop? Did it help with comfort?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Lowered pegs

Those look great! I know where my next mod money will be spent. Thanks for gathering the part number and battling through installation. :eusa_clap:

How noticeable is the drop? Did it help with comfort?
Thanks for the compliment. I was out on a ride this morning and I really noticed the drop. Much more comfortable knee bend. Much easier to use the brake and, after I re-positioned the lever, shift.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Before I shave down the foot peg, I have asked Touratech for the measurement of the other foot peg.

I hope the other ones are also the correct angle.

Will update when I know.
Any news from Touratech? Hoping to order a set this week. I'm fine with a little filing but if the 44-5316 fit out of the box I'd rather go that route.

·
Registered
151 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Sorry I never replied to your question.. But no, I never heard again from Touratech.

Good luck with the installation. Really there isn't too much that need to be taken off to make them fit.
Thanks man! Good to hear. Can't wait to mount them up. :wavetowel2:

Did you blast them yet? Aircraft stripper might work?? Or maybe a light pass with some scotch brite pads???

21 - 32 of 32 Posts