BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
After listing for about a month on ebay and not much interest. The "Zebra" which i acquired from an estate action (in 20 Boxes unassembled) is now the R109T which is way more my Retro style.

Here she is.....UNIT Garage Gastank. LOVE the quality!!

ALSO Check out my other builds on my IG @MotoLeeAZ

Previous Zebra....

Now for the R109T!! .....Yes Im also building an airhead version of this one too. (about 6 months out)

·
Registered
R1200 NineT Urban GS
154 Posts
Fully agree, not my cup of coffee, but it has a style. The Zebra... meh ;-)

Reactions: MotoLeeAZ

·
Registered
38 Posts
After listing for about a month on ebay and not much interest. The "Zebra" which i acquired from an estate action (in 20 Boxes unassembled) is now the R109T which is way more my Retro style.

Here she is.....UNIT Garage Gastank. LOVE the quality!!

ALSO Check out my other builds on my IG @MotoLeeAZ

Previous Zebra...

Now for the R109T!! .....Yes Im also building an airhead version of this one too. (about 6 months out)

View attachment 136082

View attachment 136083

View attachment 136084
Do you have a side way shot, a little further out? I want to see how the Unitgarage tank actually look from afar. With your posted pics, that thing looks huge

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have a side way shot, a little further out? I want to see how the Unitgarage tank actually look from afar. With your posted pics, that thing looks huge

not sure why it keeps uploading sideways. It’s not that way on my phone

·
Administrator
11,643 Posts
Better than the Zebra config, IMO the old style R tank better suits the bobber conversion than the stock nineT one. Not my cup of tea personally, but it's a nice piece of work.

Reactions: MotoLeeAZ

·
Registered
6 Posts
Really digging the build. Would you guys mind walking me through the process for removing the 'cucumber' air intake on the side (along with pro / con). I'd really like to convert mine over to the more retro aesthetic while keeping modern reliability (coming from a 78' suzuki gs750 that I built into a cafe style) .

Thanks gentlemen!

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
4,030 Posts
Would you guys mind walking me through the process for removing the 'cucumber' air intake on the side (along with pro / con).
As this is another member's build thread it's best not to take it off-topic.
Have a read of this old thread: Intake Air Pipe Removal and add any comments or further questions there. (y)

Reactions: BaldyDave
1 - 19 of 19 Posts