I bought the Pure with cast wheels. Not the greatest looking wheel, but at least it's tubeless. My only issues with the bike are;
1. The rear suspension, it does a shocking job of keeping the rear connected when using the rear brake, it starts skipping and ABS cuts in way sooner than it should. It's not the ABS's fault (it's just doing it job!), its the rear suspension. Maybe i just need to play with the settings.
2. The seat shape doesn't keep me in place. I slip and slide all over it when wearing my textiles (i have just freshly re-waterproofed them with NikWax though, that may be the issue)
3. The single clock on the Pure is bothering more than i thought it would
4. The lack of both a fuel gauge and remaining miles in the tank are a pain too.
5. Fuel economy is pretty poor too, lowest i've had is 40.5mpg (imperial) and the best i've had is 53mpg, but mostly its 45mpg.
These are small niggles, and for every niggle i can list 10 things i love about the bike. My favourite machine ever, she makes me a happy man
Funny that you mention fuel economy. I'm stoked on the R Nine T's consumption. I came from a MV Agusta where I was lucky if I hit 30mpg. 40-45mpg is a god send! Granted, I'm sure the water-cooled boxers and more modern BMW engines are significantly better than 45mpg.