BMW NineT Forum banner

281 - 298 of 298 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just bought a Pure but have yet to ride it (it's still sitting at the dealership waiting for nice weather.) I loved everything about it except two things. I really wish it had a fuel gauge and a tachometer. Also, I'm not too keen on the primer grey color but it doesn't bother me much.
This can be fixed super easily :) I bought a Scrambler and ordered all the necessary parts to fit a tachometer. After parts arrived, 30min later everything was fitted. The fuel gage problem I do not have a solution to though, haha!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Like other bikes ive owned....the 9t being number 18th on my list.
I cant understand why most manufacturers dont fit a rear hugger.
99% of them come with a front guard.
Apart from that i dont complain ...i simply ride the fookin life out of my bikes constantly braking the speed limit with every single inch i take!
I know.....me bad 😉

·
Registered
23 Posts
Having had the bike for only a week and about 300 miles I can't say I really have much to gripe about. I think a lot of the issues mentioned in this thread have been solved by getting the dealer to throw in a tall saddle as part of the deal which has an extra inch of butt cushion.

I do feel a little shaky going into turns quickly but I'm chalking that up to my own skill and familiarity with the bike for now.

At this price the tach/obc should have been included and it definitely wouldn't screw with BMW's "stripped down" marketing angle so it was purely a cost cutting decision, imo. I'll likely add one at some point if I see it pop up on eBay second hand.

As a taller rider I definitely need to throw some risers on there, probably the Rox anti-vibration 2" pivot risers.

·
Registered
182 Posts
When I bought mine last June, I was liking the idea of getting the tach. But now I'm used to riding without it. I think I would rather trade the tach dollars towards a rear shock.
I just top off the tank before I start out and zero the Trip 1 odometer. Now I know I can go 165 miles before the low fuel light comes on.
It would be nice to have a gear indicator. Sometimes I shift up, but I'm already in 6th gear.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
When I bought mine last June, I was liking the idea of getting the tach. But now I'm used to riding without it. I think I would rather trade the tach dollars towards a rear shock.
I just top off the tank before I start out and zero the Trip 1 odometer. Now I know I can go 165 miles before the low fuel light comes on.
It would be nice to have a gear indicator. Sometimes I shift up, but I'm already in 6th gear.
If you install the tachometer, it has a large LCD gear indicator, which is why I installed it.

I too use the trip #1 as you do, very simple, and a good habit to get into.

·
Registered
133 Posts
So you don't think the boosterplug effectiveness diminishes after the first tank of fuel then?
JohnT is on my plonk list so I couldn't hear him even if he shouted his dissent from the rooftops...;)

·
Super Moderator
9,995 Posts
So you don't think the boosterplug effectiveness diminishes after the first tank of fuel then?
JohnT is on my plonk list so I couldn't hear him even if he shouted his dissent from the rooftops...;)
Some people say the effectiveness does diminish, whereas me and others swear by them. Yep it's absolutely not as good as a proper ECU remap but it is a low cost and (IMHO) pretty effective solution. Sadly you won't get a clear-cut steer on this one, it is up to you to take what you might consider to be a risk. Your call. :)

There is a rapid bike evo module too which seems to get good feedback, but I have no experience of that. Think the price is somewhere between a BP and a remap, but willing to be corrected on that one.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
The standard rims. My 2003 1150gs with cross spokes has stainless steel.
DXAMET,

There is a wonderful shop here in US which respokes wire wheels with not only stainless steel wire spokes but also will cross-spoked them for You at the same time, install stainless steel nuts, hell they even offer colors!

Them boys work MAGIC with rims, spokes, nipples (alright u dirty bastards stop yerr gigglin!), wheel truing, etc.

I've used Woody's many times for my racing rims on my Yamaha dirt bikes, and I always knew I had vastly stronger wheels at the start and end of any race than anyone else so I'd beat 'em to hell and back.

- Dominik

NOTICE: I am NOT associated with, friends with, family with, or compensated by Woody's Wheel Works!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Urban gs centre stand would be good I have twin clocks whilst it tells me all about average fuel etc it doesn’t tell me remaining fuel amount a gauge would have been good
Accurate consumption gauge + miles ridden + known tank or reserve volume, far more reliable and effective than a fuel gauge, although not at as simple granted. I can generally estimate my remaining range very accurately, to within a few miles.

·
Registered
131 Posts
.....reading the first post......mine came with tubeless tyres stock (no extra cost) and my speedo does show engine temp......guess they’re all different.

I didn’t like no tacho or gear indicator at first, but I’m now happy just going by the sound of the engine and I now seem to know what gear I’m in anyway.

I don’t like that it doesn’t have the option of a centre stand.......

·
Registered
27 Posts
Beyond the price, the only thing I don't like so far is that I'm spending too much time daydreaming about riding it, and checking for shipping updates on my bar end mirrors. :D

(OK the reserve indicator is an annoyance too.)

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Well, with about 1200 miles under my belt there are just a couple of gripes from me (although they relate specifically to the pre-2017 Classic)...

Firstly, I think it's inexcusable not to provide a temperature gauge, or as a minimum a warning light; no reason whatsoever not to have done so - it's just a stupid omission. Secondly, I'd like to have seen spoked wheels that offered a tubeless tyre solution. They could have done it, and chose not to.

Otherwise, nothing from me, I absolutely love the thing.

281 - 298 of 298 Posts