BMW NineT Forum banner

301 - 320 of 323 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Oh come on Lawrence, you would expect otherwise ? That’s stating the obvious even if it’s in Jane’s words. If you weren’t sold, hook line and sinker why did you buy a 9T ? Is it perfect ? NO !
That’s why you need to step up and spend another 10K and make it perfect ! It’s a money pit !
Like any motorcycle, car, boat, house, girlfriend or goldfish. (Especially girl friend) The exception is the 9T is the only one you can sit on twist your wrist and in just over four seconds kiss one-hundred miles per hour “with class !” Every one observing you, stop light, gas station, bus stop or whatever looks to you with envy. I had a fellow in a Ferrari pull up next to me the other day, roll down his window and give me a thumbs up and yell “man that’s a fine looking machine” and I flipped up my face shield and shouted back “and you would know!” ...his car was amazing but you should have seen his girl friend ! WOW. How could you spend the kind of money it takes to own a superior mechanical marvel like a BMW motorcycle with out a bit of Pride & Prejudice ! StayUpOn2 and ride high in the saddle Cowboy ! Just keep your check book handy... WhatTheHell are you going to do that could make you feel any better than a ride-about on damn fine moto ? ....at least that’s legal !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got my 2019 R nine T Option 719 red/blue this morning. Just love it! Was riding a Triumph Street Scrambler 2017 (55hp) and 2019 (65hp) models and before a Moto Guzzi Griso 1100 (2006) (88hp). The R9T strongly reminds me of my Griso - it's unbelievable beauty. Also riding position, torque, steering is very similar. I don't like that it doesn't show me the fuel range in miles. The gauge instruments in general could be more user friendly. Compared to the sound of my other bikes (the Street Scrambler had an H-pipe), theR9T's engine IMO sounds more synthetic, but still good. All in all, after the first 150 miles, I am already addicted to it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I’ve only had my Turban for a week and absolutely love this bike. The only thing I dislike is the crap that sprays up your back on a wet day! No great surprise as any bike I’ve had with a narrow tail end has done the same, MT-09, CB1000R, KTM Superduke to name a few, just the price you pay. I traded in my R1200RS for this bike and have to say I had doubts during the 120 mile ride to do the swap. The RS was a brilliant bike with every electronic gizmo you could imagine so when I jumped on the Turban it was a bit of a culture shock to say the least😀 A week and 800 miles later I’ve no regrets and don’t miss the RS at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve only had my Turban for a week and absolutely love this bike. The only thing I dislike is the crap that sprays up your back on a wet day! No great surprise as any bike I’ve had with a narrow tail end has done the same, MT-09, CB1000R, KTM Superduke to name a few, just the price you pay. I traded in my R1200RS for this bike and have to say I had doubts during the 120 mile ride to do the swap. The RS was a brilliant bike with every electronic gizmo you could imagine so when I jumped on the Turban it was a bit of a culture shock to say the least😀 A week and 800 miles later I’ve no regrets and don’t miss the RS at all. View attachment 134247
Hi Doonhammer, where are you based in the UK?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have just had my first service, so have covered just over 715 miles. What a bike...motorcycling the way it should be simple, basic and easily fast enough for todays traffic. I had a R1200GS 10 yrs ago and have had several bikes in between, the boxer is like my long lost friend. Well done BMW, you have in my opinion designed my perfect motorcycle.
One happy Sun Dodger.

·
Registered
2018 R Nine T Racer
157 Posts
It really blows a big hole into my savings account getting all the parts to make her perfect.

And I stand in my shed too long just looking at her......

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Things I do NOT like:
1. Engine vibrations between 3-4000 rpms.
2. Serious vibration in the grips.
3. No cruise-control. All my airhead BMW all the way back to 1970 had that!
4. You need to be a contortionist to check oil level. Why not a sensor and instrument read out?

·
Registered
R NineT Urban GS R1100S XT1200ZE
29 Posts
I’ve only had my Turban for a week and absolutely love this bike. The only thing I dislike is the crap that sprays up your back on a wet day! No great surprise as any bike I’ve had with a narrow tail end has done the same, MT-09, CB1000R, KTM Superduke to name a few, just the price you pay. I traded in my R1200RS for this bike and have to say I had doubts during the 120 mile ride to do the swap. The RS was a brilliant bike with every electronic gizmo you could imagine so when I jumped on the Turban it was a bit of a culture shock to say the least😀 A week and 800 miles later I’ve no regrets and don’t miss the RS at all. View attachment 134247
Hi Doonhamer
The crap up the back syndrome was my first fix, like you I've had it before on a Tracer.
Got it fixed to 95%, still get a bit of splash but nothing like before.
This was already on the bike when I bought it.

And I added the old GS mudguard

You'll need a few more bits n bobs for fixing the mudguard which you can see here on slide 46_1483 - MUDGUARD REAR, all of which can be found at kfm-motorraed.

/Dave B

·
Registered
705 Posts
A decent rear-wheel hugger does the trick!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Doonhamer
The crap up the back syndrome was my first fix, like you I've had it before on a Tracer.
Got it fixed to 95%, still get a bit of splash but nothing like before.
This was already on the bike when I bought it.

And I added the old GS mudguard

You'll need a few more bits n bobs for fixing the mudguard which you can see here on slide 46_1483 - MUDGUARD REAR, all of which can be found at kfm-motorraed.

/Dave B
Thanks for that. Had a mudsling on my RS and it did a great job

·
Registered
2015 Classic
27 Posts
Lol, this thread has a lot of posts! Totally with everyone on the suspension - shocking (forgive the pun) for a premium bike. I think that’s it for me. Sort that out and you have a gorgeous bike that can live with sports bikes at sane(ish) speeds and be totally 😎 in town. I’ve done plenty of other mods to personalise it, but that’s half the pleasure. It’s a keeper. Btw, the rear ABS thing was news to me 🤣

·
Registered
29 Posts
Lol, this thread has a lot of posts! Totally with everyone on the suspension - shocking (forgive the pun) for a premium bike. I think that’s it for me. Sort that out and you have a gorgeous bike that can live with sports bikes at sane(ish) speeds and be totally 😎 in town. I’ve done plenty of other mods to personalise it, but that’s half the pleasure. It’s a keeper. Btw, the rear ABS thing was news to me 🤣
Just swopped out my rear shock for a Shock Factory M-Shock replacement, out to test it this evening.
M_Shock.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Things I do NOT like:
4. You need to be a contortionist to check oil level. Why not a sensor and instrument read out?
A decent rear-wheel hugger does the trick!

View attachment 134393
Sorry but I would rather have crap up my back than that crap looking thing anywhere near my bike, apologies again but it is hideous. No offence intended.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I can only say that its all good here, my only concern is that Shiz Eating grin that appears every-time I roll one of my Are Nine Tees out for a ride. I have a '14 standard, '18 Turban and a /5 that is just slap gorgeous. At some point in time I'll find that perfect "Racer" to complete the obsession collection. WOW there are a lot of R Nine Tee owners that just don't like so much about they're bikes. For example: engine vibration, surging idle, clunky gear box, no center stand, limited storage, can't check the oil, crap up my back, bad suspension, no cruise control REALLY? Buy an RT, RS, GS or a Honda if you want a foot rube while you ride guys and (or) gals. I can say that riding any one of my Are Nine Tee models is a thrill reminds me that I'm on a motorcycle, it has limitations, it will help out if needed but my well being is all up to me. Know your bike, ride safe and understand the limitations of you and your motorcycle. Keep in mind that there was a time when a side stand (kick stand) was an accessory for a BMW motorcycle. The range!

Attachments

·
Registered
705 Posts
Sorry but I would rather have crap up my back than that crap looking thing anywhere near my bike, apologies again but it is hideous. No offence intended.

Do not beat around the bush, sonar - say what you mean!! ;)

Reactions: GhostRider

·
Registered
29 Posts
Things I do NOT like:
Just a thought, serious vibration in the grips and engine vibration between 3-4000 might just indicate you need to do a throttle sync.

301 - 320 of 323 Posts