BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
381 - 390 of 390 Posts

·
Premium Member
BMW R nineT Pure
1,581 Posts
@DesertRoads -- All valid points above, and those are things some riders address. As you already said, you know those things can be changed/modded for your liking and better fit. (Except for the low fuel warning light/mileage counter thing, but you get used to it.) Personally, I love the ergonomics, but I'm shorter (5'8") with a long torso and short legs, so the rider triangle and seat height are great for me. I had a 6th gen. VFR 800 (a 2004, like yours) for 14 years, so the R9T's ergos seemed more relaxed to me at first. Now they just feel normal, and getting back on a sportier bike - even a VFR - would feel very sporty to me.

Also, I test rode a nice used R1200RT last year when I was bike shopping. It was very comfortable, but so heavy while stationary. In motion it was fine, but I worried at every stop I was going to drop it due to my short legs. I know the seat is adjustable, and you can even get an OEM "low" seat, but it just wasn't the bike for me. Like you, I wanted something smaller. If I ever do a lot of touring I'll look into buying a nice older RT for just that purpose.

Glad to hear you're on the mend and back on two wheels! (y)

@BlitzSchnell -- How the heck do you ride a naked R9T over 130 mph?! 😮 At 'only' 120 I feel like the wind is going to separate me from the bike, and that's even after the addition of a small windscreen!

·
Registered
2017 R9T Classic
116 Posts
Most of the things I didn't care for on the bike have been corrected with the 21 model. For the most part on my 17 I have modified what I did not like. The only real thing I still don't like is the amount of shaking the clocks do. I wish a company made a clock brace that was dampened or less wobbly.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Most of the things I didn't care for on the bike have been corrected with the 21 model. For the most part on my 17 I have modified what I did not like. The only real thing I still don't like is the amount of shaking the clocks do. I wish a company made a clock brace that was dampened or less wobbly.
Hi there @GenericUser1

Long story short, BMW Motorrad offer a metal bracket to replace the plastic one holding the clocks which solves the problem of the clocks wobbling. Have a look at the post below from @Dauphinais which also includes the relevant part numbers.

Pure/Scrambler/UGS - Add Rev Counter!

Ive recently done this myself and am really pleased with the results - the clocks wobbling used to get on my nerves too. Thank goodness someone on this forum posted the above information.

·
Registered
2017 R9T Classic
116 Posts
Hi there @GenericUser1

Long story short, BMW Motorrad offer a metal bracket to replace the plastic one holding the clocks which solves the problem of the clocks wobbling. Have a look at the post below from @Dauphinais which also includes the relevant part numbers.

Pure/Scrambler/UGS - Add Rev Counter!

Ive recently done this myself and am really pleased with the results - the clocks wobbling used to get on my nerves too. Thank goodness someone on this forum posted the above information.
So that fit on your classic with no issues? I know it will work on the Pure, UGS, etc... but doesn't show as compatible with a 2017 classic.

·
Registered
364 Posts
After getting a hold of a '14 standard, '18 UGS, '20 /5 and a '21 40th UGS I still have stick with that "S" Eating grin when I take one out for a ride as what I really like. So what I don't like about it is I don't have four (4) Arsess to fill the seats so I can take them all out at once and find a favorite. Will they make an E 5 Racer just to torture a few collectors?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I hate the fact that not all the parts are interchangeable from year to year. I hate the fact that the pure front axles are different from the classic, so oem spoke wheels are specific to either pure or classic. And lastly the cost of used/new parts/aftermarket are in euro dollars vs USD/CDN dollar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
...And lastly the cost of used/new parts/aftermarket are in euro dollars vs USD/CDN dollar.
The what? The Euro Dollar? What would that be – an airplane? An chocolate bar? A tool? :ROFLMAO: As there is no Krona-Pound or Rupee-Peso, there's no Euro-Dollar. It's called the Euro, symbol is €.

(Sorry strictlyboj, but you handed that one to me on a silver platter; I simply couldn't resist. – Btw, I totally agree with the price delta depending on where I buy, in the US or in Germany – it's ridiculous.)

381 - 390 of 390 Posts