BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Still deciding on which set of luggage to get for my Urban GS. Unit Garage just released these new Khali side panniers, ranging from 20 to 44 liters. I like the sleek design, although they don’t seem very expandable, I mean attaching additional smaller modular bags.

For those of you that own Kreiga, Mosko, or other luggage is there anything you wish you‘d considered when buying your luggage set?

·
Registered
2021 Urban
101 Posts
Nice. I have the canvas one with the two leather straps. Looks cool but is a bit of a faff. Those look much more functional, still have the roll top but with click buckle so much more practical. also look quite a bit bigger. I like.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone know if the larger of their Khali duffel bags (the 44L) will fit a helmet?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I’ve had a look at these bags too. Not for my R90t but for an Airhead with Krauser frames. What I like about these from Unit Garage is their simplicity. I went on a tour with a guy once that had the Kreiga bags. So many straps. His packing routine was quite tiring!

·
Registered
406 Posts
I like them. It looks very fuctional and well done. Only I don´t like is system to fix/hold to the bike...Belts quick release over seat, and surrounding thin frame???

I prefer Sw Motech legends bag. Stronger hold, stiff and rigid. I don´t like saddle bags are moving, shaking while riding.

Also they are easier and faster to put on/off. than unleashing, loosing ropes etc. SLC system is better for me.

If you need more capacity you can adapt to SLC the SYSbags.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Not necessary to invent/adapt anything. Here it is my future choice. Quick release. Bigger capacity...no problems compatibility with exhaust in left bag ... SLC/Legends Swmotech good bye... Welcome Khali 20L symmetric double frame...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not necessary to invent/adapt anything. Here it is my future choice. Quick release. Bigger capacity...no problems compatibility with exhaust in left bag ... SLC/Legends Swmotech good bye... Welcome Khali 20L symmetric double frame...

I have this exact kit on my bike and no complaints about them. Look good, secure mount, reasonable amount of storage. Time will tell how long they last for, with these lockdowns I haven't been able to use them as much as I'd like.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Still deciding on which set of luggage to get for my Urban GS. Unit Garage just released these new Khali side panniers, ranging from 20 to 44 liters. I like the sleek design, although they don’t seem very expandable, I mean attaching additional smaller modular bags.

For those of you that own Kreiga, Mosko, or other luggage is there anything you wish you‘d considered when buying your luggage set?

View attachment 143444

View attachment 143445

View attachment 143447

View attachment 143448 View attachment 143449

View attachment 143446
These look like a massive improvement from Unit Garage. I have just installed the canvas version, and i must admit the buckles are rather (read extremely) cumbersome. This new pannier, aside from being waterproof, has quick release magnetic buckles from Fidlock, which should make access much, much easier. this will definitely be on the christmas list this year.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have this exact kit on my bike and no complaints about them. Look good, secure mount, reasonable amount of storage. Time will tell how long they last for, with these lockdowns I haven't been able to use them as much as I'd like.
Any pictures both sides and front/rear part? Thank you.

I'm unit web only few pictures same position I can't realize some details.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Not sure how expensive the unit garage setup is, but I have been very happy with my $160 universal fit saddle bag by Iron & Resin for a few years now. It easily fits a laptop inside a soft case in the main pouch plus a sweatshirt, along with an electric air compressor and plug kit in the smaller pouch. This combined with a rear rack, a cargo net and a couple of rok straps and I am good for a week of touring or just commuting and buying groceries.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ended up getting the 20L bag from Unit Garage. Solid construction, waterproof, and minimal branding. Interested to see how this wears over time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ended up getting the 20L bag from Unit Garage. Solid construction, waterproof, and minimal branding. Interested to see how this wears over time.

View attachment 146271

View attachment 146272
At the top of the thread you showed bags on both sides, and someone later mentioned there was no problem with the left side exhaust, but your final pictures show only the right. Did you get both sides? I am trying to decide between an RnineT and the urban G/S version, and a big factor is getting enough storage, and these look like one of the best things I have seen so far. Everything else seems to be right side only for the urban G/S.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
At the top of the thread you showed bags on both sides, and someone later mentioned there was no problem with the left side exhaust, but your final pictures show only the right. Did you get both sides? I am trying to decide between an RnineT and the urban G/S version, and a big factor is getting enough storage, and these look like one of the best things I have seen so far. Everything else seems to be right side only for the urban G/S.
I only got the right side bag as I already owned the single side mount. Unit Garage does also offer dual side mounts and bags that accommodate high exhaust.

·
Registered
Husqvarna Svartpilen 401, Nine T Scrambler soon
71 Posts
The single side rack + the khali TPU 25l bag is only 286€ on their site. I think I'll get it for my scrambler, beats wearing a backpack.
The only downside is that I own similar luggage for my bicycle and they are quite awkward to carry with the shoulder strap because of the mounting system resting on my hip. Helps me alot when I go to the market tho.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Could you tell me more about your handguard mirrors?
I was inspired by Highway Dirt Bike folding mirrors, and decided to make my own compact mirrors. I have barkbuster handguards. Just attached simple 2 inch mirrors from the auto parts store to the inside oh my handguards. The don’t fold or move, but as they're convex I can see pretty much everything.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi guys,
Anyone have info if the 2 Khali and symmetrical frame set will fit my 2014 Nine-T with the SC-PROJECT Conical exhaust installed?
The exhaust:
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi guys,
Anyone have info if the 2 Khali and symmetrical frame set will fit my 2014 Nine-T with the SC-PROJECT Conical exhaust installed?
The exhaust:
Thanks in advance!
I don't know. But I do know that Unit Garage also has a non-symmetrical frame for the same Khali bags, with the left side extended past the exhaust.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts