BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the first decent photos of my two-month-old Pure. I'm not much of a photographer, but over the last couple months I've tried to get more artistic with my photos. These two photos taken late this afternoon in Conneaut, OH, near the shore of Lake Erie are good examples of me trying harder. The photo quality isn't the best, as these were taken with my iPhone 6S, but it's all I had with me today. I really like the second photo here. It's not super, but something about it just appeals to my eye.

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the nice comments, everyone!

@TimC

Great looking bike. The cylinder head covers are a perfect match for the color scheme. Great photo as well.
I definitely wanted those particular covers. When I first started looking at the R9T, I liked the 2020 in the gold/black color scheme, but I loved the white/black. I just dig its monochromatic looks, and the covers match it well.

After I bought the bike I figure out why I like this paint scheme so much: because it's very similar to the 2014 R1200R in "Dark White" below, which has been one of my dream bikes for years. I took this pic at the International Motorcycle Show in early 2014. I never did buy that bike, but at least my R9T has the same engine. ;)

·
Registered
R1200 NineT Urban GS
200 Posts
That was my predecessor of the NineT Urban GS. I liked it, I kept it for 7 years. It was a great bike, so much better than the new R1250R, so peculiar... so versatile. It was stable as a rock and as such a little less agile than I feel the R NineT today. But it will remain as very good memory!

Reactions: TimC

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Pure
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I deserved a treat today. I've been wanting to buy a cool new keychain for my R nineT Pure, so today I rode up to the local Beemer dealer and finally bought this one. Less than $10, but it makes me smile, as did my 49-mile ride in some chilly temps. I really needed that. :)

·
Premium Member
R Nine T Classic 2020
108 Posts
I deserved a treat today. I've been wanting to buy a cool new keychain for my R nineT Pure, so today I rode up to the local Beemer dealer and finally bought this one. Less than $10, but it makes me smile, as did my 49-mile ride in some chilly temps. I really needed that. :)

View attachment 137929
Excellent choice; this is one of my favourite modifications also. On a more serious note, it removes the worry of a keychain scratching the tank and makes it a lot easier to remove the key with thick winter gloves on. Good on your for braving the weather, nothing like a nice ride in the crisp winter air.

Reactions: TimC
1 - 8 of 8 Posts