BMW NineT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone think of this mod? I’ve half thought about deleting the air box or going with a complete intake/exhaust setup with the Zard exposed welds and this would satisfy both.

The short carbon intake and copper badge they make are also interesting. I usually dismiss Chinese-made products, especially for a European-made motorcycle and a hobby where I don’t want to worry about a poorly-made part killing me, but their stuff is unique and looks well made. I’m surprised I haven’t come across them before.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The welds look nice. I'm not a fan of pod filters in general - I got more power on an old car with the stock airbox vs a 'performance intake', although I did enlarge the snorkel going into it. This was verified through back to back dyno testing along with data logging - pod filters often draw in way too much high temp air due to their location, and this was absolutely a problem in my case. However, the snorkel (intake tube / bellmouth) is usually sized very specifically to reduce noise from the intake, and can be a restriction. The zard intake looks to address this nicely while maintaining the benefits of a true airbox - resistance to water splash, plenum volume, etc.

·
Registered
19 Posts
@Bret Liebendorfer, the company are from Taiwan and not China. Also, wait until you price this up with them. I have just been in dialogue with them about the air pipe covers alone and they would like c£180 for a pair of sleeves. Very expensive in my opinion.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Looks like it will increase the air intake. The next step is upgrade your exhaust system so the air will flow in and flow out.

·
Registered
2018 R Nine T Racer
195 Posts
Looks great but....

Problem I have with these mods is that airflow moves away from the filters as opposed to the traditional setup with the snorkel and I can’t help but thinking this is not ideal for the engine

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 R Nine T Racer
195 Posts
Looks like it will increase the air intake. The next step is upgrade your exhaust system so the air will flow in and flow out.
Does it ? The air filter is tucked away and out of the wind

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts