BMW NineT Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Resurrection with new question.. So in doing more research as I really would like TPMS on my Racer.. I read this: "These type of outer TPMS is not recommended for rubber stems. They will increase the pressure in the stems, so can cause the failure of the stems."

My assumption is those of us who have tubes have rubber stems?

Is this warning valid?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Resurrection with new question.. So in doing more research as I really would like TPMS on my Racer.. I read this: "These type of outer TPMS is not recommended for rubber stems. They will increase the pressure in the stems, so can cause the failure of the stems."

My assumption is those of us who have tubes have rubber stems?

Is this warning valid?
This is my concern too, especially as I have read it before, and the Tyreboy product mentioned in post # 10 above specifically warns that their TPMS must be used with metal stems.
Can metal stems be retro-fitted to/ in place of OE rubber stems, which my 2018 machine has? The weird combination of tubeless tyres with inner tubes (which I also had on an earlier R1200 R Classic) compels me to seek some such device, but I need more info. And as I do not have Blue Teeth I'd need a set-up without this ;) .

TIA of course.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts