BMW NineT Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
BMW R nineT Classic BMW R nineT Racer
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Good morning folks,

the other day I played around with a 1:1 pattern of those knee pads. Of course it is still a printed and colored piece of paper. At the end it remains a two-dimensional sample instead of the three-dimensional pads as shown in the first picture.

And here are my attempts in different positions:

Position 1:

Position 2:

Position 3:

·
Administrator
11,224 Posts
Absolutely no offence intended, mate, but I think your bike looks better without the tank pad. The lines flow more IMO.

I get it that its to enhance the retro look, but I personally am not sure that it works...

However its your bike you do what you want with it. Would be awful if we all thought the same way! :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Hi Dave,

I totally agree with you. I will leave the gas tank without the tank pads.

Some more retro look is already on the way - stay tuned.

Cheers

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Once in a while I am thinking about the RSD machined valve covers. But as long as I am not 100 percent sure whether it looks good to my bike or it is too much - I am not spending one grand for them.

·
Administrator
11,224 Posts
You might want to have a look at a development project on @Florian Gounaud 's facebook page - classically designed cam cover protectors that I think might suit what you are trying to accomplish on your racer.

Unfortunately Florian can't promote his wares on here unless he becomes a forum vendor, but there is nothing to stop another member linking to his site, in just the same way we can link to any other R nineT seller on the WWW.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
These 2V style valve covers might look good on my Racer. Have not seen them live yet.

·
Administrator
11,224 Posts
Thanks for that advice. I know that guy, not personally though.

You probably thought about those covers?
Yeah those would look great on your bike IMO :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
3,689 Posts
These 2V style valve covers might look good on my Racer. Have not seen them live yet.
That's what I thought . . . back in post #23! ;)
That is a superb finish. Overall a nicely put together style you have chosen. It really is the Old Skool CafeRacer look you are after.

Maybe some of the old-style valve head covers? :unsure:

Reactions: Bernhard

·
Registered
2016 RNineT Classic
73 Posts
Bernhard, wirklich sehr schönes Projekt! Und eine feine Spielzeugsammlung in der Garage😉 Geht doch nix über Zuffenhausen... Jetzt aber mal raus auf die Straßen, bevor das Saisonkennzeichen wieder abläuft! Oder die Grünen Fahrverbote für ach so laute Mopeds aussprechen!

·
Super Moderator
2014 Classic
3,689 Posts
Bernhard, really nice project! And a fine toy collection in the garage 😉 Nothing goes over Zuffenhausen ... But now out on the streets before the season number expires! Or the green driving bans for oh so loud mopeds!
Post in English on the forum please!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Moin Bernhard! I really like the look of the black ribbed seat. Is this an aftermarket seat or stock? any info on the exhaust as well? Thanks

MFG
Moin Kevin, the seat is stock. Just the cover is aftermarket. Was made by a local saddlery. The exhaust is the AC Schnitzer stealth, made by Remus. I don’t know if it is available in the US though. It comes in a brushed finish (see also the picture of the manufacturer below). I polished it to meet the look of the manifold.
Cheers

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Next thing will be the change of the valve covers. I am going with ones in a light silver-grey paint.

·
Registered
2016 R-nineT Classic + 1984 Kawasaki ZL900
45 Posts
Moin Kevin, the seat is stock. Just the cover is aftermarket. Was made by a local saddlery. The exhaust is the AC Schnitzer stealth, made by Remus. I don’t know if it is available in the US though. It comes in a brushed finish (see also the picture of the manufacturer below). I polished it to meet the look of the manifold.
Cheers

That’s a pretty looking exhaust. What does it sound like? I presume/hope “stealth” is a bit of a tongue-in-cheek name

R nineT Classic 2016
Kawasaki ZL900 1984

41 - 60 of 72 Posts