BMW NineT Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Scrambler
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm buying a pre-registered Scrambler demo bike with 6 miles on the clock.

The dealer has told me that I can either pay an extra £500 to get it right away or else wait until 90 days after the bike was registered and they can they sell it at a reduced price.

Does this sound legit?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes I had something similar, in my case it was a car.... I was told the demo car had to be registered with the dealership for X period of time before they could sell it on. Their was no mention of pay more and get it sooner and to be fair they did have new pre-registered stock that was treated differently to the demo vehicle.
I didn't buy it in the end, went elsewhere....

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm buying a pre-registered Scrambler demo bike with 6 miles on the clock.

The dealer has told me that I can either pay an extra £500 to get it right away or else wait until 90 days after the bike was registered and they can they sell it at a reduced price.

Does this sound legit?
I also have seen that with cars. But in addition to the time, the dealer had to drive the car a certain number of miles before it could be sold as "previous demo." If it were me, I'd never have the patience to wait 90 days, nor would I want other people riding the bike - especially because I am very careful about early mileage engine break-in. If it was thousands, maybe one thing. But for 500, my vote is just grab it with 6 miles on the clock! :)

·
Registered
2022 Scrambler
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also have seen that with cars. But in addition to the time, the dealer had to drive the car a certain number of miles before it could be sold as "previous demo." If it were me, I'd never have the patience to wait 90 days, nor would I want other people riding the bike - especially because I am very careful about early mileage engine break-in. If it was thousands, maybe one thing. But for 500, my vote is just grab it with 6 miles on the clock! :)
Luckily I don't have to wait the whole 90 days as it was registered on 1 March, so I can have it in three weeks time. Still a lot quicker than ordering a new one from the factory.

I got a discount too on the price of course.

There won't be any more miles put on it, so it'll be just 6 miles when I get it. I can live with 6 miles to get a bike fairly quickly, at a discount and with some extras thrown in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts